Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

33 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

I hope him and Bates the best.

I know these transfers had to happen, but doens't mean I like it.  We are loosing guys who showed some loyalty when there was nothing to be loyal to.  They're "our guys" as frustrating as they played sometimes.  We fill the spots with mercinaries.  I guess thats the new world in college basketball.  Free agency "ruined" the pros.  Sigh.    

19 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

In today's portal era, if I were coaching I would be less inclined to use the redshirt.  Ties up your scholy longer for players that may or may not stick around for 4-5 years.

Right. It makes more sense to recruit without offering a scholarship to build a relationship in case a player like that goes to a smaller school and proves they can play then transfers. Then they would already have that established relationship.

12 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

My favorite players tend to be PG’s. I never got to watch Zeke play for IU, so Yogi is my favorite IU player of all time. Guyton is a close 2nd. Yogi Ferrell was criminally under appreciated by our fan base. 

Not to stir $hit, but as an older fan, I thought Yogi was the second coming of Damon Bailey according to the fanbase.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way of looking at this?

We’re losing three out of state kids and so far our one pickup is a great kid from Winchester, Indiana who always dreamed of playing for IU.

The Sopranos Tony Soprano GIF - The Sopranos Tony Soprano Nothing -  Discover & Share GIFs

No offense taken IRL :farting_smiley: I agree, good time to start fresh for all parties 

41 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Not to stir $hit, but as an older fan, I thought Yogi was the second coming of Damon Bailey according to the fanbase.

No stirring of **** here. I just didn’t see it that way. He was hyped coming in but fans bashed him quite a lot, which I didn’t think he deserved. Was a special PG. Havent had anything close to him since. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

No stirring of **** here. I just didn’t see it that way. He was hyped coming in but fans bashed him quite a lot, which I didn’t think he deserved. Was a special PG. Havent had anything close to him since. 

Completely agree!

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So will Jordan Geronimo's highlight tape be from last year's Wyoming game?

I know you’re just clowning and you like JG, but I’d go with his excellent game @Illinois (starter, 13 and 8), or v Wisc (starter, 12 and 11), really kind of unfortunate he was immediately relegated to the bench just bc Race came back, and was then injured.

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way of looking at this?

We’re losing three out of state kids and so far our one pickup is a great kid from Winchester, Indiana who always dreamed of playing for IU.

I get the Indiana sentiment, but only to an extent. We don’t need to be Indiana centric, that’s just limiting. Give me the best, explosive, lengthy, quick 2-way players, they can be Canadien for all I care :)