Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: IUBB at Kansas Sat 12/17/22 Noon ESPN2

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm to the point that if Davis keeps pulling his vanishing act then Duncomb can start in his spot.  Something has to get through to him.

Same goes for Race. He's really done nothing this season outside of a 20 point game against School of the Blind. I'm in favor of either starting Reneau or going NBA style and starting Banks, an almost random freshman. Maybe get some motors turning then. 

The Rutgers loss still bothers me more than the Kansas/Arizona ones. Kansas and Arizona are just better teams than us. No shame in getting dominated by a better team. Rutgers isn’t a better team than us, but they dominated us because our roster is full of softies. Rutgers punked us. Straight up. They’ve done it year after year. At some point you’d think TJD would get tired of getting punked by Rutgers, but alas. He seems like a nice kid. But we need some guys with his ability but polar opposite mentalities. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Rutgers loss still bothers me more than the Kansas/Arizona ones. Kansas and Arizona are just better teams than us. No shame in getting dominated by a better team. Rutgers isn’t a better team than us, but they dominated us because our roster is full of softies. Rutgers punked us. Straight up. They’ve done it year after year. At some point you’d think TJD would get tired of getting punked by Rutgers, but alas. He seems like a nice kid. But we need some guys with his ability but polar opposite mentalities. 

I'm not going to start talking next coaches anytime soon, but when I do Steve Pikiell will probably be on the list.

He won't win the press conference, but dude can coach for sure.

18 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Same goes for Race. He's really done nothing this season outside of a 20 point game against School of the Blind. I'm in favor of either starting Reneau or going NBA style and starting Banks, an almost random freshman. Maybe get some motors turning then. 

Malik Reneau’s defense was next-level awful today.

Today was upsetting. I thought we had passed this in our program. No excuse for what happened today. I really don't think Kansas is all that good either. I left Assembly Hall on November 30th thinking this was a national championship contender. What the heck has happened in the last 17 days. 

1) I like Trayce Jackson-Davis but he's going back to the old Trayce before the Big Ten Tournament last year. He's got to start showing up in these big games. He's our best player. 

2) I hate it for X. If it is a broken foot I bet it's mid February when he's back. Just not good for this team. Why this team doesn't have a third point guard...that's on the staff. Let's hope Jalen can hold it down...

3) This team has been punked the last three games away from Assembly Hall. That's unacceptable. At this point it's on the coaching staff as much as the players. 

4) Do we have the right players? I thought we did but I am starting to second guess this. 7 of our 13 scholarship guys were recruited to IU by Miller. Not saying the Woodson guys don't deserve blame but this roster just has so many holes. I remember Phillips from Assembly Call wrote an article calling this the deepest IU team we've seen in a while. I replied about how it's too early for that. It appears so. 

5) Really upsetting IU fans are going all over to support this country to support this team. And the team lays an egg. 

Not time to hit the panic button at all but getting close if they get off to a slow start in B1G play. Woodson can't afford to have a letdown year after expectations. Expectation was this team could compete for a B1G title and make a run in March. Not looking like it as of late. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I remember Phillips from Assembly Call wrote an article calling this the deepest IU team we've seen in a while. I replied about how it's too early for that. It appears so. 

It's hilarious how this fanbase does this every year, then by around Christmas time we're complaining about how not having so and so is killing us. 

Haven’t watched the game yet. 

But before the season I said I wanted to hold off judging this team until after Kansas. This team was overrated from the jump. Relying on two freshmen to take a program to another level is foolish, see Kentucky. 

TJD mentioned multiple times in the off season he would start stretching the floor, I haven’t seen it this season. When you have a post player from 2005 playing in 2022, it’s not going to be pretty. He’s this generation version of Tyler Hansbourogh (sp) 

A lot of basketball left, but I’m not buying this team to be the B1G winner let alone a second weekend appearance in March. It’s a good team, not a great team. 

A couple of thoughts about this season.  It is sure a good thing for the season-long improvements of the team to have great competition early rather than a surprise in the B1G conference games.  Secondly, it is not surprising that many get caught up in the hype of the early opinions that are not grounded in reality.  Finally, many of us realized that shooting from the three-point line, free throw percentages, lack of toughness on the road, excitable and questionable PG play, and inside one-dimensional play might just be an impediment to learning how to win tough games.

The wish is to improve throughout the season.  And they likely will.

I will continue to predict that IU wins most games even if they are predicted by others to not win.  It is not that I am blinded or see through rose-colored glasses.  It is because "It's Indiana"!

And I think that it is more fun to be pro IU than like some others that post on here only when things get tough.  I will not gloss over the negatives.  I just won't dwell on them.

I enjoy the game and am glad that Coach Woodsen is here.  Maybe, in the KS game, KS got lucky early and our guys got demoralized and didn't close on some shots.  That would take the wind out of my sails.  The rest was a slog uphill.  

I was hoping early on that IU would win 2 of the four.  They did.

Have a great holiday season with you and yours.  Remember to help those less fortunate.  

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

I'm not going to start talking next coaches anytime soon, but when I do Steve Pikiell will probably be on the list.

His team did just lose to Seton Hall at home 45-43.  I think he is a better coach at the level he is because I don't think his style is suited to recruit elite talent.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Brad Stevens thread time? I’m ready. 

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why don’t our guys give a damn about defending their guy and not getting punked. 

They defended last year. My guess?   Old crew not meshing with young crew.  Not playing for each other.  Idk. Whatever it is needs fixed NOW.  Way too many athletes to defend the way we have over the past 2 games. 

Did you see our "best" player turn it over in transition before giggling about it and joking with his defender? He can be absolutely fantastic but worries more about being accepted than dominating a game.