Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: IUBB at Kansas Sat 12/17/22 Noon ESPN2

Rumor has it that Jalen Hood-Schifino is on track to be back. 

For Kansas Jalen Wilson is by far their primary option and a shoo-in for 1st team All-American. Seems as though Race will get the draw on him to start. Jordan G also a viable option off the bench. Wilson is currently at 21.9ppg, 9.3 rpg in 33 minutes. Grady Purdue Person is at 15.3 ppg on 45.3% high-volume 3 pt shooting.

Kansas is thin at the 5 spot. K.J. Adams gets the primary minutes at 6'8" and is likely to draw Trayce to ease Wilson's burden on the defensive end. Freshman Udeh is 6'11", 250 and talented, but gets reduced (9.2) minutes per game and is mistake prone. All others in the rotation are guards.

If JHS plays, I think IU has a real shot.

Yep. Going to need him and Galloway to make GD's life miserable saturday or will Kopp get that assignment?. I worry about Race struggling defensively with their smaller lineup. IU "should" have advantage on the interior but will be tough matching up our bigs with some of their other guys. A lot, and I mean a lot, has to go right for IU to steal a win on the road in this one. I simply want IU coming out ready and competing for a full 40 minutes. They do that and I'm fine with whatever the result is. This game will only help them later in B1G season on the road because I doubt they'll see anything like this aside from W. Laffy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I hope JHS is back and Tamar Bates from Arizona and Nebraska shows up.

I have no idea how IU will slow down Jalen Wilson, he is the prototypical player that has given this every team fits

Because he's really, really good. National player of the year good. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Because he's really, really good. National player of the year good. 

Okay?

Kansas is 9-1. Guess what happened in that 1 loss? Tennessee slowed him way down and he went 3-15 from the floor. Tennessee had the guys to do it, IU does not. And therefore, I would be very surprised if we win

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I hope JHS is back and Tamar Bates from Arizona and Nebraska shows up.

I have no idea how IU will slow down Jalen Wilson, he is the prototypical player that has given this team fits

More than just those two games! 

21 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Okay?

Kansas is 9-1. Guess what happened in that 1 loss? Tennessee slowed him way down and he went 3-15 from the floor. Tennessee had the guys to do it, IU does not. And therefore, I would be very surprised if we win

Also on a neutral court. But what does UT have on their front line that we don't, specifically in regards to defending Wilson? 

Just now, btownqb said:

Also on a neutral court. But what does UT have on their front line that we don't, specifically in regards to defending Wilson? 

"Slowed down" was the word choice, but Wilson got 15 shots in that game - they simply didn't go in at his normal rate. Could be that good defense and scheme forced him into bad shots and didn't defer to teammates, or could be that he simply missed shots that he usually makes at a higher rate.

Just now, btownqb said:

Tennessee's ability to guard the wing is probably the best in the country. Jalen gets a lot of points as an athletic wing scorer, which we really struggle to defend. Especially if it draws Race, JG, guarding out there

“Today we’re going to start him out on the floor and see if he can go at practice,” Indiana coach Mike Woodson said during a press conference with the media on Thursday morning.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-woodson-says-hood-schifinos-injury-not-lon-term-concern/?fbclid=IwAR1VQo8Kh4ZIFjCuA5OPmn8gyQ-Pbi8Pb3d22WNSZ-TmFCQmkqCLUxdboQw

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Tennessee's ability to guard the wing is probably the best in the country. Jalen gets a lot of points as an athletic wing scorer, which we really struggle to defend. Especially if it draws Race, JG, guarding out there

I would probably agree with you if Josiah James had played in that game. He is their best wing defender, especially vs stretch 4s. I think Race can bother him enough with TJD coming from the weakside... we also have multiple guys-- Kopp, JHS that aren't completely outmatched if they're switched onto him. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hitting the road early tomorrow morning. Haven't been this excited to go see a game in a long time.

Deeply envious.

13 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'll be sure to mash the horn when we pass through...*squints*...is your location actually in France?

Nah, their real estate’s cheaper. That little pic of the broken heart they put on all our bridges jacked up our home price about 30%.