Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson to Notre Dame

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Truth is what? He picked ND. The sun will come up tomorrow I promise. I’ll gladly roll with a recruiting class of Mullins/Sisley/Reibe on top of our returnees. Will be another highly ranked team to start the 25 season. 

I'm not disappointed. I think for the program, we got a great fit Monday. 

12 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

If you think the doom squad is out on this one, I have a few older threads that you need to peruse.  This is incredibly tame and anyone here acting like the sky is falling is someone that acts like that regardless of outcome.  Feeling is that we really wanted Haralson, didn't get him, move on.  Because that's what NCAA recruiting and transfers is about nowadays.

I know it's tame comparatively, I was being a little facetious. Heck I'm just happy my Alma mater OS Beavers kicked the crap out of PUrdon't. ;)

Just now, AH1971 said:

I know your thoughts on Sisley. I like Sisley. Haralson committing to ND has NOTHING to do with Sisley.

Oh I agree. Had Haralson committed to us after his visit we wouldn't have gotten Sisley though. I don't think this was about money either. Shrews offers the better opportunity. I think it would be a masterclass in film to sit with him and I'm sure that resonates. 

Just now, BtownStrength said:

I'm confused yall. Is the sky falling, or should I not hove a f*** because we getting anybody we want?? Do I celebrate with a drink because we didn't really want him anyway or drink because we suck again? Beer or bourbon? 

Bourbon with a beer chaser is my recommendation.

44 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Just absolute lunacy.  That’s a big loss for IU.  You lose the top ranked player in the state to Notre Dame?  Just bad.  With that said, good luck to Haralson.

A question , next year would you rather have two junior guards and a sophomore wing or a freshman wing.

Rice, Carlyle and Tucker vs Harrelson 

If those 3 come back next year we will be just fine 

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

A question , next year would you rather have two junior guards and a sophomore wing or a freshman wing.

I do think it factored into the decision. I suspect Rice will be good but idk about "leaving for the NBA" good as a lead guard. PT is most likely going to be tight, but like always, someone will not be satisfied and transfer. 

6 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

I'm confused yall. Is the sky falling, or should I not give a f*** because we getting anybody we want?? Do I celebrate with a drink because we didn't really want him anyway or drink because we suck again? Beer or bourbon? 

Yes

As I've said before, in this new college basketball landscape, I hate the time and resources spent on high school kids. The portal just looks like a better path for schools with money to offer. I like what we added during the portal this year better than the kids we didn't get from high school recruiting. We also added a 5* freshman who nobody talks about. I love accumulating talent but I'm not sure freshmen who are one year players are better than what we can get in the portal.

20 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

I'm not disappointed. I think for the program, we got a great fit Monday. 

I admit to hoping we finally get a freshman recruiting haul. I think we got a portal haul for sure but we often seem to get one McD level and miss on getting several

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As I've said before, in this new college basketball landscape, I hate the time and resources spent on high school kids. The portal just looks like a better path for schools with money to offer. I like what we added during the portal this year better than the kids we didn't get from high school recruiting. We also added a 5* freshman who nobody talks about. I love accumulating talent but I'm not sure freshmen who are one year players are better than what we can get in the portal.

I especially like transfers who have two or three years of eligibility left

9 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

I'm confused yall. Is the sky falling, or should I not give a f*** because we getting anybody we want?? Do I celebrate with a drink because we didn't really want him anyway or drink because we suck again? Beer or bourbon? 

Grand scheme of things…no. Stinks because Woody really wanted him and invested a lot of personal time.

IMO he's a head case and we are better with who we might get still.  But of course I don't know that.  But I would be really unhappy if we didnt get Mullins.  Im thrilled with Sisley coming.  I think things to come are going to be fantastic.  We have a shot at the B10 championship this year and a great run in the tourney.  Things are getting better .

9 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

If they come back.  I think one of Carlyle and Rice is gone.  If one of them comes back, it’s not as big of a deal losing Haralson.  I think Tucker will be back.  Let’s say Carlyle is gone and Rice comes back.  Rice, Tucker and Mullins (hopefully) would be more than fine.