Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

On 11/9/2021 at 4:04 PM, Hardwood83 said:

I was less than......enthusiastic about Woodson's hiring. At the time it seemed very much like Dolson was caving to the "Hire an IU guy" chorus. 

In the months since Woodson has done a lot of things right. He clearly wants to restore IUBB to greatness and seems to have the skills and qualities to do that. It's much too early to say I was wrong, but I desperately hope he is wildly successful and exceeds all expectations this season and beyond. GO IU! 

Naah you were wrong 

:)

I just checked Dane's twitter feed from the saved link I have, and 24 min ago he said "Thanks for saying hello", and nothing before that until you get to the thread for "Thankful for Hoosier Nation".

I'm no tech geek, but on the surface it appears as someone is using a fraudulent acct for Dane.

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

I just checked Dane's twitter feed from the saved link I have, and 24 min ago he said "Thanks for saying hello", and nothing before that until you get to the thread for "Thankful for Hoosier Nation".

I'm no tech geek, but on the surface it appears as someone is using a fraudulent acct for Dane.

It was his verified account. He went and deleted the tweets.  I saw them before they were all deleted. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It was his verified account. He went and deleted the tweets.  I saw them before they were all deleted. 

For coaches, assistants, players, etc. -- it seems very little good ever comes from banter with fans. It's just something you're never gonna win. Unless you're paying them a compliment or something, it's best to just avoid altogether. And even then ... 

On the topic, we do need a better, more unified/organized and recognized student section. Dane has a good point there. Everyone knows the Izzone.  No one knows the Crimson Guard or whatever we call ours.  

I didn’t mind the tweets myself, because you can still have love for both groups.  I’m not the jealous type.  And I can be honest with myself/ourselves.  

Really no big deal, ultimately Dane taking the job speaks to his truest feelings. It’s pretty obvious. 

On the topic, we do need a better, more unified/organized and recognized student section. Dane has a good point there. Everyone knows the Izzone.  No one knows the Crimson Guard or whatever we call ours.  

I didn’t mind the tweets myself, because you can still have love for both groups.  I’m not the jealous type.  And I can be honest with myself/ourselves.  

Really no big deal, ultimately Dane taking the job speaks to his truest feelings. It’s pretty obvious. 
I read it here from someone and don't remember who but "The Woodshed" seems like a good one

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Went to the Jackson State game. The bleachers on the end where the opponents shoot in the 1st half, was nothing but old people who sat and stayed quite the whole game. The opposite end were students, whicha was just super odd during free throws. I think the walls are a big factor in the student sections awkwardness. There has to be an engineer somewhere that can essentially get rid of the walls. Would probably even add some seats. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Went to the Jackson State game. The bleachers on the end where the opponents shoot in the 1st half, was nothing but old people who sat and stayed quite the whole game. 

Not sure, but when kids are in school, I think those are filled with students. Seem to remember TV shots showing them behind backboard

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Either way, lots of old people who just want to sit down like they're at home. It's pretty annoying. 

After the Great Depression (a.k.a. the Archie Miller era), I'm kind of impressed they still go to games at all. I know young people who don't even watch the games any more. 

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Either way, lots of old people who just want to sit down like they're at home. It's pretty annoying. 

At least they're there. Could've been empty seats if some of us Old Farts didn't care enough to show up.

No, us old guys don't chant "BS" or "Let's go Brandon" or anything else. We just appreciate good basketball, because we lived a couple of decades worth of excellent BBall.

37 minutes ago, DWB said:

At least they're there. Could've been empty seats if some of us Old Farts didn't care enough to show up.

No, us old guys don't chant "BS" or "Let's go Brandon" or anything else. We just appreciate good basketball, because we lived a couple of decades worth of excellent BBall.

Sure... But just having people sitting and watching TV doesn't really help the atmosphere. And I've been to two games so far and have been incredibly disappointed in the lack of Let's Go Brandon chants.