Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I love hope, it’s the done deals that are hard to digest when they don’t come true. If Brad somehow ends up here, there will be a lot of apologies starting with me!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Yep when I hear done Deal it better happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

I've told people many times never to say done deal until the ink is literally dry.  It never works out when someone says done deal.  Never.

Never! I can't blame anyone but myself here, as I was completely duped by the Billy D rumors last time. "Fool me once? Shame on you!....Fool me twice? shame on me!" has never rang more true in my life.

I'm beginning to come to grips with the reality of where this program is at. I truly believe that Dolson is getting slapped with this reality as well. 

Danny Ainge is trending on Twitter. If you go to see what people are saying, it’s all about how he’s terrible at trading and being overrated as a GM. I’m sure the owner doesn’t care about fan opinions but the Celtics just appear to be in a toxic situation now. I don’t understand going down with the ship like it appears Stevens is doing. 

50 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

Danny Ainge is trending on Twitter. If you go to see what people are saying, it’s all about how he’s terrible at trading and being overrated as a GM. I’m sure the owner doesn’t care about fan opinions but the Celtics just appear to be in a toxic situation now. I don’t understand going down with the ship like it appears Stevens is doing. 

Yeah, ESPN as gushing about Fournier having 70 some three pointers and the whole Celtics bench having only 170 some.  So the big move by a sub .500 team was to bring in a bench scorer?

LaMarcus Aldridge was bought out by San Antonio and would seem to fit the short term bill the Celtics need in a big man.....yet it sounds like he's heading to Miami. 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Yeah, ESPN as gushing about Fournier having 70 some three pointers and the whole Celtics bench having only 170 some.  So the big move by a sub .500 team was to bring in a bench scorer?

LaMarcus Aldridge was bought out by San Antonio and would seem to fit the short term bill the Celtics need in a big man.....yet it sounds like he's heading to Miami. 

I know Twitter isn’t a true indicator of fan support but I wonder how fans really view Ainge and Stevens?

1 minute ago, IUguy77 said:

I know Twitter isn’t a true indicator of fan support but I wonder how fans really view Ainge and Stevens?

I think it’s not as toxic, but I get the feeling that they want a change for changes sake.  They pride themselves as being the  top 5 best franchises in the NBA. They like Stevens but they haven’t won a championship in what 2008? They want a better a chance to compete for one on a regular basis.  

1 hour ago, IUguy77 said:

They want both of them fired. Mainly Ainge because he’s responsible for building the roster. 

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

I think it’s not as toxic, but I get the feeling that they want a change for changes sake.  They pride themselves as being the  top 5 best franchises in the NBA. They like Stevens but they haven’t won a championship in what 2008? They want a better a chance to compete for one on a regular basis.  

Here is some food for thought:  Since 1987, IU and the Celtics have the same number of titles.

That said, he's not coming.  Just dropping into the thread to say that Ainge's moves make me scratch my head.  Fournier is a nice player, but IMO they continue to put forth a very uneven team.  Meanwhile, the Heat just improved themselves and will do so even more if Aldridge signs....the Nets, Sixers, Bucks, and Heat are all definitely better than the Celtics even WHEN the Celtics are on their game, IMO, and right now they aren't.