Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

Exactly.....We’ve got an impressive amount of money earmarked for a “premiere” level coach and, as it appears now.... we don’t have a “premiere” level coach in site to match that money.....Am I missing anything here???

Why not let it play out before making judgement on a hire that hasn't happened yet.  I find it funny that posters on here and other boards take the words of so called insiders as gospel.  Anyone on the board could come in and say they have sources and say things will happen even though they have no clue what is going on.

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Maybe it’s all talk and in a couple of months Stevens take the job and will laugh at this moment. Probably not....but one can hope!

Maybe he truly wants to finish the NBA season and divert all attention away from him....So what if he twisted his answers a bit... I guess I’m like that last tooth hanging on as long as possible....It never ends well for the tooth. Lol

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would prefer we talk to a younger Beard with no health problems, about the same winning percentage before giving Matta the keys.

My question is if Beard didn't have Knight ties, would people be as high on him? Yeah he made a NC runner up run. We fired a guy who did that. Beard has 2 20 win seasons in 5 tries. We fired a guy for having 4 of in 6 tries. I get he's at TT and it's not an easy place to win, but a washed up Knight strung together a string of 20 win years at the end of his career there. It's not impossible to be relatively successful there. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why not let it play out before making judgement on a hire that hasn't happened yet.  I find it funny that posters on here and other boards take the words of so called insiders as gospel.  Anyone on the board could come in and say they have sources and say things will happen even though they have no clue what is going on.

I agree totally... What else do IU fans have to do right now...Like I said earlier... the longer it is, the better,....IMHO

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m totally cool with that. I’d talk to Beard before talking to Matta too. But if we miss on Beard, Matta is a great consolation prize, imo. 

I can agree with that. If Dolson comes to us in a few weeks with Matta or Beilein after interviewing others I’m ok.

4 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

My question is if Beard didn't have Knight ties, would people be as high on him? Yeah he made a NC runner up run. We fired a guy who did that. Beard has 2 20 win seasons in 5 tries. We fired a guy for having 4 of in 6 tries. I get he's at TT and it's not an easy place to win, but a washed up Knight strung together a string of 20 win years at the end of his career there. It's not impossible to be relatively successful there. 

But he wins at a 75% clip

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would prefer we talk to a younger Beard with no health problems, about the same winning percentage before giving Matta the keys.

Still does he leave for Texas in 3-4 years once Shaka is let go? 

He's a Texas guy, not a Midwest guy.

Hell Matta still lives here and his pedigree is impeccable.  Never had a losing record!!!!  

56 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m totally cool with that. I’d talk to Beard before talking to Matta too. But if we miss on Beard, Matta is a great consolation prize, imo. 

Yeah, you can’t MAKE anyone come. Stevens turned you down, if Beard does, too, and you’re sold on Matta’s health and vigor, he’s great.

The health is the big unknown...but if you had perfect knowledge that he was healthy, we might be underrating him.