Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Then again, IU clearly isn't the job we all want to believe it is. If it was, we wouldn't be getting turned down so much. 

Aren't we really only aware of one guy (Stevens) turning IU down?

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I tend to agree. He's the hot hand right now and that's why everyone is high on him - especially the national media. 

Some guys just aren't made for the bigger gigs ala Archie Miller. Someone will offer him some $$, just not sure IU is in a spot to take a risk on him right now. Then again, IU clearly isn't the job we all want to believe it is. If it was, we wouldn't be getting turned down so much. 

That's cherry picking IMO. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Mark Few wouldn't consider UK, UNC, or Duke.

There are some coaches that are just plain old happy where they are. And Few is not the only one in that category.

2 minutes ago, T White said:

Aren't we really only aware of one guy (Stevens) turning IU down?

When I say "turned down" I mean it seems like most coaches don't even want to speak to us. If we truly were a top 5 job, everyone would be listening. Beard, Bennett, etc. Maybe these guys are and we just don't know it but what I've seen tells me they have absolutely no interest. I mean we're looking at guys that have no business being our HC (Woodson). That tells me where we are and how coaches view the IU job. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

That's cherry picking IMO. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Mark Few wouldn't consider UK, UNC, or Duke.

There are some coaches that are just plain old happy where they are. And Few is not the only one in that category.

I agree but with some of the names on our list (alleged list), there doesn't seem to be much interest from anyone other than Beilein, Matta, and IU guys. But we'll see!

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

When I say "turned down" I mean it seems like most coaches don't even want to speak to us. If we truly were a top 5 job, everyone would be listening. Beard, Bennett, etc. Maybe these guys are and we just don't know it but what I've seen tells me they have absolutely no interest. I mean we're looking at guys that have no business being our HC (Woodson). That tells me where we are and how coaches view the IU job. 

You are basing your assessment on rumors and speculation.

3 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I agree but with some of the names on our list (alleged list), there doesn't seem to be much interest from anyone other than Beilein, Matta, and IU guys. But we'll see!

1. "There doesn't seem to be much interest" may or may not be true...do you or I really know that? 
  2. "Our list?" If "our" includes me, that list includes Moser, Enfield, Wes Miller, Woodson, Devries, Beard, Lewis, maybe Matta or Beilein. I have no idea if any of those guys would be interested but I hope so and would like to think so.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:
  1. "There doesn't seem to be much interest" may or may not be true...do you or I really know that? 
  2.  "Our list?" If "our" includes me, that list includes Moser, Enfield, Wes Miller, Woodson, Devries, Beard, Lewis, maybe Matta or Beilein. I have no idea if any of those guys would be interested but I hope so and would like to think so.

1. Nope. No idea.

2. Yes. I'm basing the list based off of what I've seen here. I don't think anyone outside of Dolson really has a freaking clue. 

I also don't believe the IU job is what some think it is here. I've thought this for years. Nothing has changed since, well, we've been a pretty mediocre program since we flamed out in the S16 vs. Cuse w/ Crean. At a certain point our history is just that - history. Kids don't give a **** about our banners.