Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I don't want much but I do want to have a great answer to the question "where were you and what were you doing when it was confirmed that Brad Stevens was hired"?  ("I was on BTB" would be a good answer)

Also, for questions like "Grandpa, looking back did you have any idea then that Indiana would win 6 more titles with Coach Stevens"?  : )

(Or make it 7 more so we can pass UCLA)

1 minute ago, WRSMick55 said:

Not so sure on that. Scored 23 points in the first half of their game. Didn’t look any better than IU. Upgrade?

Not sure if you were kidding or not. Lol. Evaluating a coach on one half of basketball is ridiculous.

Oh hey! I never have sources but I do have a secondary connection to Pfau! They said he wouldn’t leak info but it’s entirely possible he would be the donor for the new coach. Wouldn’t spend on firing someone but would spend on hiring. He goes to Florida for the winter (Boca?) and got back yesterday. Sorry that doesn’t really tell us anything but I’ll keep digging

NBA guys love to look down their noses at college basketball in general. In their view, coaching any NBA team is infinitely better than coaching even the best college teams. It's just about impossible for them to conceive why any NBA coach would possibly want to return to the college game. 

1 minute ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

Oh hey! I never have sources but I do have a secondary connection to Pfau! They said he wouldn’t leak info but it’s entirely possible he would be the donor for the new coach. Wouldn’t spend on firing someone but would spend on hiring. He goes to Florida for the winter (Boca?) and got back yesterday. Sorry that doesn’t really tell us anything but I’ll keep digging

Wasn't Boca where one of the planes went?

Just now, IUHoosierJoe said:

Wasn't Boca where one of the planes went?

Yes, 2 planes went to Boca (one from Btown, one from Boston) and the Btown plane is headed to Boston sometime after 5. The original Boston plane is going elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

Explains the plane to Florida today at least. 

Just now, brumdog45 said:

One half of one game......and at 23 points they are still in it.

Has nothing to do with the current game but count me in as not impressed too. Other than those two years, his record is average at best. I do like his personality, though. I'd honestly rather have Beilein. Yes, I know his age. 

ABOUT THE PFAU FAMILY

Ned-and-Sue-Pfau-686x1030.jpg&key=446036061b2e7d334864525aa4215963791b3778c0f329a98dfdd6956c959323

The Pfau family has a long and rich history with Indiana University and IU Athletics.

Norman Edward “Ned” Pfau, Jr., is a 1965 graduate, earning his B.A. in Business Finance in 1965. His wife, Sue, graduated from IUPUI in 1966 with a degree in Physical Therapy. Married in 1964, they have been avid supporters and advocates for the state’s flagship university ever since.

Their passion for IU and the sport of golf, though, comes from more than their time spent as undergraduate students.

During his childhood, Ned made countless trips to Bloomington with his father, Norman Pfau, Sr., from their southern Indiana home to cheer on the Hoosiers. The elder Pfau served as a basketball manager for IU Basketball Coach Everett Dean from 1930-33 and became close friends with the era’s star basketball player, future Hall of Fame Hoosier Coach Branch McCracken. After graduating from IU in 1933 with a degree in business administration, Pfau, Sr., remained lifelong friends with McCracken and stayed close to the program for the rest of his life. Those trips to Bloomington helped foster Ned’s love of IU, a passion equaled by Sue. That affinity for all things IU is also obvious in the couple’s four children – Ellen, Chip, Anne and Kari – three of whom have earned Indiana University degrees.

This guy used to come into my parents coffee shop all the time. I knew he was connected to the university and stuff but I didn’t realize he was THAT connected. Very very small world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk