Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

From Andrew Slater:

http://247sports.com/Article/Finding-Forrester-Jake-Forrester-Breaks-Down-His-5-Finalists-Ind-107095972 

Fairly lengthy article.  These are the parts specific to IU.

...Let's move on now to Indiana. You've got them coming up this weekend. Obviously, they're a big-time program. What do you now about the new staff of the Hoosiers and specifically coach Miller?

Coach Miller did a great job at Dayton and have started my recruiting class off on a really hot note. I think they're going to rapidly move up the Big Ten standings. They said to just try to come in and fight for your spot or just get good minutes. I felt like I got a good message or vibe from them.

What are you hoping to learn on the official visit to Bloomington?

I'd like to just talk to them for a while in person and see what their vision is for me. I'd like to take a really long look around campus and see what's there for students and maybe meet with their support staff as well.

...What about the aspect of Indiana being a blue-blood program? Does that help them?

Yeah, I'd say it does, in that they have a really great history as a program. I'm really looking forward to my trip there.

with romeo and garland visit for hh, a commitment this weekend from Forrester could lead to a lot of "how will we have room" discussions".

I absolutely don't want a 7 man class. It's ridiculous.

I think the answer would be, IF Forrester, then no Garland/Langford combo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

36 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don't either. But, maybe Archie knows he's gonna have more departures than we are aware of.

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I would look for Garland and Langford to be 1 and dones if they both come to Indiana. 

The article shows more tape on him than I had seen previously. The kid's a stud; he's athletic, showed some mid range plus out to 3, and looks to rebound like a beast. At 6'9" and growing, he has a lot of upside. I will defer to Arch, and I would happily welcome him to IU. The schollies will always work themselves out.

Well yes, because they have to... sometimes some crappy stuff happens to work things out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've said it for awhile and will continue to say it. We could do a lot worse than Forrester in the backup role.

I'm not a huge fan of 7 player classes but I feel pretty confident that Garland and Romeo will be gone after a year or two. That would leave us a good 1-5 with the remaining players that should be there at least 3 years. I wouldn't want to see it every year but it could work.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:24 AM, HoosierAloha said:

I've said it for awhile and will continue to say it. We could do a lot worse than Forrester in the backup role.

I'm not a huge fan of 7 player classes but I feel pretty confident that Garland and Romeo will be gone after a year or two. That would leave us a good 1-5 with the remaining players that should be there at least 3 years. I wouldn't want to see it every year but it could work.

This would be the only year I would be ok with it. Archie needs to get guys who can play best in his system. 

Whats really scaring me is that judging by this recruiting we don't have a lot of guys who can excel. Yikes. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Any new info?

Well a mod on another site said "let's put it this way, I'm already preparing content for an article" about his commitment.

We've been told for some time to expect him not to make anymore scheduled trips after IU.

Probably be announced soon, let the speculation on how the rides will work out begin.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think there is also a real chance that Juwan will have his degree after this year and go, thereby freeing up one ride unexpectedly.

Where would he go though? Are you saying declare for the draft? There's a lot of basketball to be played, but he'd have to really, really breakout this year IMO to be someone a team would draft.