Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

On 12/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, Hardwood83 said:

I have to disagree. The CFP isn't killing the ACC. Sure FSU got screwed, but leaving their conference doesn't fix that, it's just an excuse. 

I agree with you. FSU wanted to leave the ACC prior to the CFP selections and they are smart enough to realize being in the ACC won’t be an issue, when it comes to the CFP, beginning next year due to the expansion to 12 teams.

They are just using the CFP as an excuse as we all know it’s all about the student athlete (er….I mean the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

I agree with you. FSU wanted to leave the ACC prior to the CFP selections and they are smart enough to realize being in the ACC won’t be an issue, when it comes to the CFP, beginning next year due to the expansion to 12 teams.

They are just using the CFP as an excuse as we all know it’s all about the student athlete (er….I mean the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

Sure, an undefeated ACC would get into the 12 team field without issue. However, the ACC will continue to get screwed over in favor of other conferences if the teams aren't undefeated. ACC will probably still have some deserving teams left out for the last spot. It's not as big of an issue as the undefeated conference champion being left out but it'll still be an issue.

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Sure, an undefeated ACC would get into the 12 team field without issue. However, the ACC will continue to get screwed over in favor of other conferences if the teams aren't undefeated. ACC will probably still have some deserving teams left out for the last spot. It's not as big of an issue as the undefeated conference champion being left out but it'll still be an issue.

Part of that is because ACC football stinks. FSU’s schedule/record metrics were bad for a reason. ACC schools occupied most of the bottom of the SOS and SOR rankings of all P5 schools. 

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Part of that is because ACC football stinks. FSU’s schedule/record metrics were bad for a reason. ACC schools occupied most of the bottom of the SOS and SOR rankings of all P5 schools. 

Right. As the money discrepancy increases between them and the other major conferences, there's no reason to think that'll change. It might actually get worse. My point is that the playoff expanding to 12 teams didn't mean the ACC will be better off. 

Right. As the money discrepancy increases between them and the other major conferences, there's no reason to think that'll change. It might actually get worse. My point is that the playoff expanding to 12 teams didn't mean the ACC will be better off. 
The 12 team playoff will be 4 B1G, 4 SEC, B12 champ, ACC champ, the best G5 team, and ND if they win 9 games.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, go iu bb said:

They will be better off in regards to the fact that FSU would have unquestionably been in a 12 team field this year.

33 minutes ago, Rico said:

Weird move. Must have been offered a lot of money. I don't think he'll mind having less pressure since it's thought one of the reasons he OSU was the possibility of a QB competition.

Just now, go iu bb said:

Weird move. Must have been offered a lot of money. I don't think he'll mind having less pressure since it's thought one of the reasons he OSU was the possibility of a QB competition.

Seems funny that he didn't end up at a powerhouse though.  Maybe the Bucknut fans were right?  McCord just isn't good.

29 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Really curious how CTA's LEO culture gins with Franklin - seems an odd pairing, no?

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Wow, good for him. I’ll be kind of surprised if this doesn’t work out pretty well for them. 

I mean with the talent they have, it should work. Considering he's a mediocre coordinator... Franklin will probably have a lot of teaching to do on how to actually be a coach. Allen will probably be shocked to hear the foul language that happens in real locker rooms from coaches.

18 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Apologies if this has been posted already. 

Interesting concept... the only question for me is if they go to some sort of "revenue sharing" vs NIL, how do they structure the pay so that it's not the same X dollars for each player... paying them that way opens it all up to the cheating and paying under the table again. At least with NIL (good or bad) players pick a school based on how much (NIL$$) a school is willing to "invest" in them to play there. I understand that's now how NIL was supposed to work, but the reality of it is that is how it's done/perceived. I don't see the revenue sharing option as a fix, but as a step back to the corruption that got us here.

I could be wrong. It would not be the first time.

21 hours ago, Rico said:

Seems funny that he didn't end up at a powerhouse though.  Maybe the Bucknut fans were right?  McCord just isn't good.

The pressure thing might be true, but not sure in what world this isn't good: 512194283_Screenshot2023-12-18104040.png.3cd385de69b0f1fc19fd3fc28e6fca13.png

O$U fans are delusional jack-*****. McCord might not be the  absolute highest level of QB, but he was 11-1 with the only loss on the road to the #1 team, by a single score. Sure he had 2 INT's, but they also only had 107yds rushing for the game. Retards, sheesh I hate O$U.  

Good grief! 

Just watched Old Dominion -- about 15 miles from where I live -- blow a 28-0 lead to WKU in their bowl and lose in OT. I think WKU was down to their fourth-string QB or something. 

Was like watching someone look really strong for 25 miles of a marathon and run out of gas over the final 1.2 miles. 

Pretty brutal loss. 

(BTW, the Monarchs gave JMU a bit of a tussle this season -- in Harrisonburg.)

7 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Good grief! 

Just watched Old Dominion -- about 15 miles from where I live -- blow a 28-0 lead to WKU in their bowl and lose in OT. I think WKU was down to their fourth-string QB or something. 

Was like watching someone look really strong for 25 miles of a marathon and run out of gas over the final 1.2 miles. 

Pretty brutal loss. 

(BTW, the Monarchs gave JMU a bit of a tussle this season -- in Harrisonburg.)

I was watching as well.  Glad I did.  Great finish.