Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

If people want a trip down memory lane on this recruitment and have some extra time go back to page 130 of this thread and relive some of the discussions. Lol. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have to go way back and find the post I made when I decided that Indiana made the most business sense. If he commits, I want to see if any of the post-commitment comments line up

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They sound like some of us after Garland committed to Vandy lol

Except they have called Romeo a punk and accused him of trying to sabotage Vanderbilt without evidence.

Yea, from what I could tell he has 4 predictions and they were all players to Vanderbilt.  I'm not sure what makes him an 'expert' rather than just a VU fan.  He's the 'Hoosier Guy' of Vanderbilt it would seem.  Maybe we should lobby to get our "Guy" a crystal ball vote!
Jesse will go down with the anchor. He won't flip.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree about becoming critical of recruiting losses...to a point. I doubt anyone here would question Langfords ability...as the hurt Vandy fans appear to be doing. We've questioned fit, we've questioned motivations, we've even questioned the recruiting process of recruits, but the ability...not so much. All fan bases grasp at explanations and then justifications. So I do agree we do it, just not the same way.

If people want a trip down memory lane on this recruitment and have some extra time go back to page 130 of this thread and relive some of the discussions. Lol. Good times

As much as some things change, others don’t.

16 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

I agree about becoming critical of recruiting losses...to a point. I doubt anyone here would question Langfords ability...as the hurt Vandy fans appear to be doing. We've questioned fit, we've questioned motivations, we've even questioned the recruiting process of recruits, but the ability...not so much. All fan bases grasp at explanations and then justifications. So I do agree we do it, just not the same way.

Well, I think after Garland committed to Vandy, many posters would "Rather have Phinisee anyway".

However, had DG committed RP would prob be listed as 1st PG off the bench. Many people still had Green ahead of Robert P.

No one would have had Green ahead of Garland.

He's a good basketball player, maybe too shooter oriented for Romeo) but he certainly has a bad sense of judgement.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Well, I think after Garland committed to Vandy, many posters would "Rather have Phinisee anyway". However

Yeah, I am guilty of that as well, but I sincerely felt that while Rob doesn't have the game of Garland yet, the overall package is just as desirable..if not moreso considering we filled a need and thumbed Purdue in the eye (and then again with Damezi). Garland has the talent and the game, but definitely needs some maturing to do...as a high level D1 talent and the leader of a team, how on Earth do you get suspended for locker room antics? 

2 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

...as a high level D1 talent and the leader of a team, how on Earth do you get suspended for locker room antics? 

or take that contested shot at the end of the McD's game with a wide open Romeo to your right?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/romeo-langford-sets-announcement-date-what-the-experts-and-kansas-vanderbilt-media-are-saying-now/

VANDERBILT MEDIA TAKE – THE RIDICULOUS

In what can only be characterized as a sad last-gasp effort to salvage a sinking ship, Anchor of Gold actually suggested that Langford should legitimately be concerned for his safety if he chooses other than Indiana.  Pun intended on that sinking ship/Anchor of Gold thing.

Still, though, I fear for Langford’s safety if he doesn’t choose Indiana in that ceremony, when a Taco Bell in Sellersburg, Indiana, chose to display a sign reading “Romeo Langford Live Mas Choose IU.” When Kentucky fans warn you about a fan base being insane, you should probably believe them.

All this laughable analysis really tells you is that Vanderbilt isn’t worthy of Romeo Langford.  They don’t understand the passion that the state of Indiana has for the game of basketball.  On the other hand, if Langford wants to go hide for a year before entering the NBA, then Vanderbilt just might be the place.  He will be nice and safe, with almost no one even knowing he is there.

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

or take that contested shot at the end of the McD's game with a wide open Romeo to your right?

Agreed. I do recall a summer game review from last summer that pretty well ripped in to Garland for taking too many shots and not facilitating the offense. Conversely, the same writer was gushing over Langford. If I find it, I'll link it. 

I read that Vandy media take...after writing that, I think he should fear for his safety should he come here. That's wrong on every level to levy anything like that and then justify the position with Kentucky fan intel...come on. Totally ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Frankie Vision‏ @Frankie_Vision 

Romeo Langford ( @yeahyeah_22 ) Official Measurements ( April 2018 ) 6'6 1/2 w/ shoes 6'5 w/o shoes 202 lbs 6'11 Wingspan 8'8 Standing Reach

6’6.5 is shocking to me. I always wondered if he fell closer to the 6’4 mark, having only seen him in person once and other than that just on streams and pictures. 

The Langford’s are clearly aware of the iu some the last few days. This could be a test balloon in a sense as I’m sure they would 1) aggressively squash these rumors ( if wasn’t pickling iu)

Or 2) cancel the announcement and make it not open to public. Just can’t see him saying Kansas in front of 4000 iu fans