Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

FWIW, Williams put the 12.2 pts and 7.8 rebounds up in just 22 minutes/game.  Think at the P5 level he's a backup player but he's a decent rim protector and rebounder.  In Anthony Walker type of role, he's a quality player getting those type of minutes.  Had 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 blocks in 23 minutes this year in Drexel's upset win over Villanova.

Alec Lasley --  Add Tre Dinkins to the list of players that Indiana has shown some interest in. This is an interesting one -- 2.7 made 3s per game this season. His 85 3s this year would be the most for an IU player since the 2016-17 season. Indiana as a team made just 165 this year.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I am skeptical.

I believe it is more likely that we will have some pieces that look good on paper, but do not connect and meld into a cohesive team.

I think it will be 'okay' and there will be moments, but will not be inspired or produce hope for the future.

Yeah that’s why I said if our dead man walking coach finally….

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I am skeptical.

I believe it is more likely that we will have some pieces that look good on paper, but do not connect and meld into a cohesive team.

I think it will be 'okay' and there will be moments, but will not be inspired or produce hope for the future.

Sounds like a UK roster

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Calipari is the textbook definition of a mediocre coach who does less with more than anyone in the country. I believe there were 7 UK players in the NBA all star game.

Not very many coaches with more NCAA titles, title game appearances, final fours and Elite is than Calipari since he's been at Kentucky.

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Joe Tipton reports we've contacted grad transfer Dakota Leffew of Mount St. Mary's.  The 6-5 guard averaged 17.6 points and 3.9 assists this season. Originally from Georgia.

This kid’s game stats are kind of interesting. His 1st 5 games he was 25-79(31.6%) from the floor, including 8-35(22.8%) from 3. Yeesh. Then in his last 25 games he shot 180-375(48%) and 66-168(39.3%) from 3. Had 26 in a loss to Georgia. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not very many coaches with more NCAA titles, title game appearances, final fours and Elite is than Calipari since he's been at Kentucky.

In 22 years one championship game appearance, which he won.