Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU recruiting is so weird right now.  lol.   Going to get 3 out of state top 10 or at least top 20 transfers and an out of state 5 star freshman but can’t land an in state shooter. Crazy you would have think that would be flipped 

Style of play and lack of 3 point shooting is probably well talked about through the state over the last several years. Other than bigs and an occasional point guard, we really haven’t excelled . We have an Indiana high school disconnect, and I’m hoping it changes with Mullins and Sisney.

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU recruiting is so weird right now.  lol.   Going to get 3 out of state top 10 or at least top 20 transfers and an out of state 5 star freshman but can’t land an in state shooter. Crazy you would have think that would be flipped 

Mabey the perspective of the shooting issues are real.  

59 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Understand the point. But there is 5+ open 3’s a game that were passed up. The players passed them up, without the coaches telling them to not shoot an open 3. They take what’s already open and they average the same number of 3pt shots a game as Purdue. 

I’ve noticed that they would rather shot fake and drive it to the basket. Maybe the coaches teach that or that the players feel more comfortable doing that but it happens way too much.  TG is the worst but I think his is a confidence problem 

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’ve noticed that they would rather shot fake and drive it to the basket. Maybe the coaches teach that or that the players feel more comfortable doing that but it happens way too much.  TG is the worst but I think his is a confidence problem 

While it is on the players in a game to put up the shot, that over the course of several seasons is on the staff.

that direction and confidence needs to be built in practice and demanded of the players. 

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Unless in-state guys know something the out-of-state guys don’t…

I saw that Brendan Hausen from Villanova is expected to visit Nebraska now on Monday. Seems most of their fans hope they don’t put the full press on trying to get Essegian if they’re able to end up getting Hausen instead. 

Xavier backcourt is stacked.  Not enough minutes to go around I’m guessing.   Claude already left and it’s still loaded 

Looks like most shot 40% from three or close to it

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Take it for whatever you want but according to Jeff Rabjohns: IU was unable to gain traction with Ryan Conwell because Conwell felt Kanaan Carlyle was coming and Conwell would not have a chance to start.

I know Ryan Conwell was desired and I get that completely. I do think there is a very real chance that Kanaan Carlyle, moved off the ball thanks to Myles Rice, is a better player in the Big Ten than Ryan Conwell would have been. At least some portion of Conwell's success/numbers have to be attributed to the very friendly system of Josh Schertz. Conwell is a really good player, I think Carlyle is as well. Rice and Carlyle (just waiting for it to become official) clearly like each other and wanted to play together. If getting Rice meant Carlyle was a bigger priority because of their desire to play together, I think it makes total sense. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Mizzou is getting a team together...they might actually win a conference game next year.

Missouri lands top-10 transfer recruit Mark Mitchell from Duke

Hope they don’t count on him being a shooter