Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

This all seems eerily similar to last portal season. We think we have someone and then we don't. Speculation on lineups runs rampant and then disappointment and despair. Wake me when it's over.

Yep, and we have posters pencilling them in and calculating NIL and minutes/game. 

And, oh yeah, suggesting we could be a top-15 team.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we’re still good. Ballo isn’t leaving till the morning. I don’t want him taking our offer to UNC and getting them to counter.

I bet you all the donuts in Btown that is exactly what he’s doing if he leaves town without a commitment 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we’re still good. Ballo isn’t leaving till the morning. I don’t want him taking our offer to UNC and getting them to counter.

Was hoping for me than ‘think we’re still good’ LOL.  Just yanking your chain.

Worth mentioning that the UNC visit isn’t until at least April 22 — he has Louisville and Kansas State up next and UNC and Florida were listed as ‘the week of April 22’.  Just my opinion if Ballo hasn’t committed prior to Amari Williams’ visit then you go all in on Williams.  Things become a crap shoot the longer it gets IMO.  Want Ballo but don’t want to wait on him and miss out on others.  Hopefully it’s moot and he commits before he leaves.

in terms of UNC, they still are in line for a couple bigs — believe Omuryi and Wolf are possibilities and Aidoo just joining the portal probably gives them a safe fallback option.  

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I bet you all the donuts in Btown that is exactly what he’s doing if he leaves town without a commitment 

IMO, if he hasn’t committed before Williams come to down, you have to give him an ultimatum to accept or not.  Might cause you to lose him but no need to lose him and then another big because you were waiting on an answer.  Portal recruiting is just different than high school recruiting.

Anyway, hoping to see an announcement video tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We talking crescent or square? There’s a difference to us cutters.

Crescent are btown classics but the square donuts we used to have was excellent 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Looks like he has a bachelor’s degree from Arizona in nutrition and human performance.  I’m guessing he’s a personal trainer.

Wonder if IU might have offered a GA spot to him if they are close and guessing they are if he is on visit with him.

44 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Didn't know he wasn't leaving til tomorrow and that makes me feel much better about not hearing anything else tonight.

Why is no one mentioning  Cade Tyson from Belmont on here?  Saw he made the IU portal tracker, but crickets?  Now that Hickman is out, this kid is just a Sophomore and hit 46.5% from 3 this year and 42% his Freshman year.  Listed as a guard who averaged 16.2/5.9/1.6 this year and started 28/30 games his Freshman year.  He’s listed as a guard at 6’7”, but man those numbers are crazy.

IMG_1594.png

5 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Why is no one mentioning  Cade Tyson from Belmont on here?  Saw he made the IU portal tracker, but crickets?  Now that Hickman is out, this kid is just a Sophomore and hit 46.5% from 3 this year and 42% his Freshman year.  Listed as a guard who averaged 16.2/5.9/1.6 this year and started 28/30 games his Freshman year.  He’s listed as a guard at 6’7”, but man those numbers are crazy.

IMG_1594.png

Tyson’s recruitment from everybody has been very quiet.  Pretty air tight in terms of leaks everywhere.  Initial thought was he would immediately commit to North Carolina if offered but would have to think by now he already has been and hasn’t committed.