Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

but I’d rather take a run at Conwell. 

For what role? Guys that want to start and play big minutes can’t get that here , assuming a Carlyle commit. I actually don’t think it’s surprising that hickman or conwell aren’t interested in possibly sub 20min off the bench. 

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

That’s a tough one.  Local kid voluntarily goes to Cincy over IU when the staff wanted him.   It was said early  him and his family didn’t like the offense at IU and it looks like those concerns were still there even after meeting the coaching staff.   Tough one but the portal will have more options that staff can hopefully find another shooter 

Fans don’t like the offense, some recruits don’t like it, Woodson is doing his job though!

It likely cost Liam as well. The offense has to change. Rice should bring some different life into this offense I hope, Johnson wasn’t reliable clearly. Ballo and Malik together seems scary but could work at times. Need an update on Ballo, has anyone heard anything? 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Fans don’t like the offense, some recruits don’t like it, Woodson is doing his job though!

It likely cost Liam as well. The offense has to change. Rice should bring some different life into this offense I hope, Johnson wasn’t reliable clearly. Ballo and Malik together seems scary but could work at times. Need an update on Ballo, has anyone heard anything? 

His instagram just a post above yours

3 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

And once again it’s proven that cryptic tweets and sources aren’t always correct.  Why do I let myself get caught up in this every year.  Can’t imagine they offered more NIL so that’s a big time slap in the face.  

It’s not a slap in the face. You currently have 5 scholarship guards plus a visit lined up for later in the week with a highly regarded kid who has no other visits scheduled. It’s entirely possible the kid wanted a sense of his role and upon getting that feedback calculated that he wanted more certainty for his last year in college. In that case the process worked exactly as it should and I wish him well.

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

For what role? Guys that want to start and play big minutes can’t get that here , assuming a Carlyle commit. I actually don’t think it’s surprising that hickman or conwell aren’t interested in possibly sub 20min off the bench. 

Was hopeful we could sell Hickman on that with the home town connection and NIL. He would have really elevated the roster in that role IMO. Guess you're right it's not too surprising though. Hopefully we find a different knockdown shooter to play in a small-ish role.

5 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

All this talk about rosters, minutes, etc.

Is Newton an afterthought, or just being written off?

If he is recovered, I see him competing for guard minutes 

Pending on these last couple commits that could come, Leak and Newton are DNP-CD’s. 

9 minutes ago, iubb said:

tap the yes or no within the app :) 

Okay, had done that just didn’t see it registering anything.  Seems strange to post that on instagram since the majority of his followers would be Arizona fans.

44 minutes ago, iubb said:

uh, those were not about hickman

Maybe I’m mistaken, I thought there was one, I’m going on about 9 hours of sleep over the last 3 nights so I could be wrong.  RTZ insinuated Hickman was looking very good as late as this morning on the other board.  

38 minutes ago, iubb said:

In a shocking twist Woody tries to sell Ballo on following in the rich IU point guard tradition of a Isiah and Yogi. Did not see that one coming.