Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

What the hell does that mean Trilly?

He likes to say "sometimes the best gets are the ones you already have" when guys come back to their school from the portal or the draft. So this is the flip side of the coin I guess.

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

What the hell does that mean Trilly?

maybe that two Pac-12 guards are leaning to IU as an All Pac-12 center is about to visit?

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It means that Myles Rice is the primary recruiter for Kanaan Carlyle, and that both may be the primary recruiters for Oumar Ballo.

Myles Rice is truly a program changer. On the court he's excellent. Off the court he's even better.

We definitely could stand to have a premier PG with on- and off-court class.

1 minute ago, realTomCrean said:

The rumor that caused me to post yesterday was that IU was becoming the PAC12 Hoosiers. You guys jumped on me! Obviously no commitments yet but Rice Carlyle Ballo very likely Hoosiers. Props where it’s due Coach Woodson Armond Hill and Co

Would be a good set to get...but what can Woodson really do with them? THAT jury is still out.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Would be a good set to get...but what can Woodson really do with them? THAT jury is still out.

Run the same offense as the last three years YET two good guards that can create on their own, assist and I hear they can hit 3's on occasion. They are going to have to have the other 4 score because as good as Ballo is, he is not Ware on offense. I'll be glad to have him though. I remember watching AZ a few times last year and the little voice in my head was asking me "why don't we ever have a center like that at IU" ...

Our answer will not arrive until March 2025.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which one of the 3 is known as a shooter?

The say the best pure shooter in the portal is the kid from Belmont. He is visiting Tennessee and another that I can't remember, UNC ??

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which one of the 3 is known as a shooter?

Needing a step up there. Rice 28% and Carlyle 32% paired with Gallo - not great on paper. Dynamic play-making guards.
Here’s what I love though: PAC12 Fr Of Yr PG and B10 Fr of Yr Taco 

IMG_5754.png

Watching the highlights of all these Pac 12 guys and every once in a while you get a highlight at Oregon and I cringe. That floor is awful to watch basketball on. I may need to just listen to Fisch whenever we play at Oregon.

Regardless - excited about these new guys, but I don't want Ballou shooting free throws with the game on the line!

12 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Needing a step up there. Rice 28% and Carlyle 32% paired with Gallo - not great on paper. Dynamic play-making guards.
Here’s what I love though: PAC12 Fr Of Yr PG and B10 Fr of Yr Taco 

IMG_5754.png

I really hope they weren’t guarding each other that game.