Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I'm assuming Malik will hit the portal shortly after the season ends at this rate. 
Hard to imagine him coming back now unless they offer him four times the money of anyone else

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Trilly also said it was our horrible offense not the fans for the decommitment

But the president of the Coach Mike Woodson fan club tells us it's all on the fans. Miss the easiest shot in the game? Because fans. Can't be bothered to box out? Fans.

Current dumpster fire because of IU nepotism? Fans.

While I agree Woodson doesn’t understand the current climate of CBB, I don’t think we will lose everyone on the current roster next year. I think maybe 2-4 guys transfer out, there will be at least 3 transfers in, and we have another middle of the pack year next year. Woody then retires and we start fresh. We are Indiana University. Too big to fail. 

ahh CMW and his cigar celebrations post game with his "dudes" regardless of wins or losses, golf, and his laziness when in comes to the time required to recruit not just to get a kid to commit but post commitment as well has hurt IU more than Archie did during his 4 years.  

This one is on CMW 100%.  Offense sucks, calling out players and not taking accountability and now we sit here with 0 recruits for 2024 when its due or die for woody AND 2025 isn't necessarily going too hot from a recruiting perspective.  Go ahead and give the guy an advancement and get him out.  More damage will be done to the program with him returning for a single year then restarting now.  

28 minutes ago, Tropiiix said:

While I agree Woodson doesn’t understand the current climate of CBB, I don’t think we will lose everyone on the current roster next year. I think maybe 2-4 guys transfer out, there will be at least 3 transfers in, and we have another middle of the pack year next year. Woody then retires and we start fresh. We are Indiana University. Too big to fail. 

You need to check your math.

Right now we have an open scholarship, Leal, Walker, Johnson, and Ware gone or most likely gone.  That gets you down to 8 scholarship players.  Banks and Gunn appear to be likely gone.  Down to 6, 1 of whom had a severe injury and hasn't played basketball competitively in a year and a half.  If you only add 3 guys you can't even scrimmage 2 teams of scholarship players to practice.

Now, will there still be basketball played at Indiana if Woodson burns the program to the ground again?  Yes.  However, you are looking at the program being in worse shape than every coach we have fired since Knight was let go with the exception of Sampson.

The stupid thing is that this was all foreseeable.  People paying attention have been warning about this for awhile.

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You need to check your math.

Right now we have an open scholarship, Leal, Walker, Johnson, and Ware gone or most likely gone.  That gets you down to 8 scholarship players.  Banks and Gunn appear to be likely gone.  Down to 6, 1 of whom had a severe injury and hasn't played basketball competitively in a year and a half.  If you only add 3 guys you can't even scrimmage 2 teams of scholarship players to practice.

Now, will there still be basketball played at Indiana if Woodson burns the program to the ground again?  Yes.  However, you are looking at the program being in worse shape than every coach we have fired since Knight was let go with the exception of Sampson.

The stupid thing is that this was all foreseeable.  People paying attention have been warning about this for awhile.

Ok you are right, maybe I should have said at least 5 transfers which does feel... optimistic, but I stand by that this is a marathon. Hitting the reset button and starting fresh (likely after next year) may not be the worst thing. You can't build a program and a culture trying to win now every year. Especially not when you're building on the base we currently have. If we have to tear it up and pour a new foundation that will put us in a better spot 3-5 years from now.

3 minutes ago, Tropiiix said:

Ok you are right, maybe I should have said at least 5 transfers which does feel... optimistic, but I stand by that this is a marathon. Hitting the reset button and starting fresh (likely after next year) may not be the worst thing. You can't build a program and a culture trying to win now every year. Especially not when you're building on the base we currently have. If we have to tear it up and pour a new foundation that will put us in a better spot 3-5 years from now.

Woodson is why we would have to hit the reset button. He feels his mediocre NBA history means he doesn't have to do the work of actually recruiting.

Just get rid of the problem now before his ego makes everything worse.