Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

This part I still don’t get, and maybe it’s because I have my numbers messed up. 

But without the raise/extension you could finance $4mil over 4ish years cheaper than giving him $1mil/yr for 8 years. It also doesn’t explain why you would give a guy a raise after a fairly routine season.  

Otherwise, I find that comment as insightful as any in this thread. 

I'd have to go back and look at the former buyout language, but perhaps it stipulated that the $4 million would be due on a specific date as 1 (or maybe 2) lump sum payments, and could not be paid out over a longer time period with smaller payments. Not sure, though...

Really does got me thinking back to when Pearl made that comment about him knowing that 3>2 and that some guys don’t seem to have that figured out yet…he had to have said that on purpose for certain people to hear, and if so, could have been a “come and get me, I’m what you guys need” type of message….and if that’s indeed the case, then wow, that’s exciting and would show he really does want to be here. 

9 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I got a chuckle out of that first article. Admits he talks about it being a dream job and sources say he'd take it without reservations....then ends it saying the timing isn't right b/c BP has a chance to become the all time wins leader at Auburn. Hah.

Now, what's more interesting is how much this story has leaked and what happens in his post game presser tonight...

Does say him leaving Auburn is something that may well happen before he retires.

How painful is it watching our Stone Age offense while Purdue & Butler have fun, open, flowing offenses and their offensive coordinators are a *combined* 59 years old. 

I know BU has struggled a bit down the stretch, but still 

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I got 4 TVs setup in the college basketball room and yeah I try to watch each D1 team at least once through the season 

Too bad IU won’t be one of those games, that has to be a Debbie Downer!  

9 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Bruce Pearl stalking the sideline like he does and barking at the refs would have AH electric. Hard not to picture him him in red. That is the kind of intensity that "bridges the gap" from modern IU to RMK, not nepotism. AH would be the most difficult place to play in the B1G again as it should be. Hard not to get too excited. 

I agree!  Crean was a little fiery but Miller and Woodson are way to laid back to get anyone enthusiastic watching a game.  We need someone exactly like BP to get some of that electricity back into AH.

By the way, has Woodson ever picked up a tech in his 3 years? I can’t recall, but that’s what goes first when you get older!

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

You guys need to get some rest, we got a long day tomorrow. By the way today was taco Tuesday. I’m now watching our next coach.

yay so Quinn is on board now? Or is he the outlier still and will be outcasted regardless? lol

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

yay so Quinn is on board now? Or is he the outlier still and will be outcasted regardless? lol

It'd be nice if he got on board with making a change. It's IUBB, we can't have nice things so he'll win and we'll stuck with Woodson. If there's even truth to the Pearl rumors, we've been down this road before. 

I heard a Billy D. to Louisville rumor this morning on the radio (93.9 the ville).  Per Drew Deener Scott Drew is their #1 target but he was told don't count out Donovan.

Are worlds going to collide today for Woody? It's hump day and he is still trying to get the team over the hump. Talk about weird! I hope he and Armond have enough energy to stay awake for the 9 pm start tonight!

55 minutes ago, hper50 said:

How painful is it watching our Stone Age offense while Purdue & Butler have fun, open, flowing offenses and their offensive coordinators are a *combined* 59 years old. 

I know BU has struggled a bit down the stretch, but still 

Possibly the worst offense we’ve ever seen at IU. It’s breathtakingly bad, boring, anemic. It speaks volumes to why we are around #100 in kenpom….and doubts it will ever change if Woodson remains.

There are 3 things that could swing this entire thing in Dolson’s favor:

1) fan support or lack there of for the last home game and B10 tournament.

2) booing at the last home game and B10 tournament

3) boosters pulling out of the NIL funding for recruits

He can’t recruit good players without it, especially his free agency stupid plan