Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If anyone is concerned I'm alive and well. Not sure I would believe anything I said yesterday with how much I drank. :-) 

Maybe it was all a dream.

....well you said some pretty juicy stuff that helped keep some posters on here "off the ledge"... lol 
I hope it's all true and just a matter of time....lol

2 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

....well you said some pretty juicy stuff that helped keep some posters on here "off the ledge"... lol 
I hope it's all true and just a matter of time....lol

Yeah, it might help if we would quit winning some games. It's going to be a long couple of weeks

I hear a lot about BP’s age, but does anyone think that his son may take over when he retires and he stay on as an advisor? I would think that would be a great deal for BP.  Great for the program as well.  Stability and less turnover.  

I keep reading about whether or not we can get Dusty in 5-6 years when Pearl would be about done.

We’ve just gotta cross that bridge when we get there. Who knows who’ll be a top candidate at that time. Hopefully we’ll be in the running for whoever that might be if Pearl could turn us around as expected 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, it might help if we would quit winning some games. It's going to be a long couple of weeks

That's the part that worries me. I would hope, that as wins do look good, ultimately, a new vision and approach is what Dolson wants. This is what I see in Dolson's hiring of Cignetti. JMO

11 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, don’t try then . It’s kinda like voting. If you don’t vote, what right do you have to complain?

I went to IU long ago. Yeah I party hard and no I didn’t graduate. So I guess the only place I can vote is on the message board. I am sorry but Mr.Woodson needs to enjoy the rest of his life at home like me .

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rabjohn's said Friday he didn't think it would have an impact but I find it hard to believe. Imagine if they win these next two and a few games in the B1G Tournament. Season ending on a positive note could very well keep him back even though there is no long term plan. 

56 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

The worry for me is Mike knows this is it.  Resigned to his fate and will retire gracefully.  However, we close out the season with a few meaningless wins and Mike's massive ego starts cooking.  He thinks "I got this" and refuses to go.  Quinn and the BOT insist on one more year. Next season is a complete disaster, Mike is finally canned, and the big Dawgs are all long hone.  This is the Indiana way.  Pretty convinced it will happen.

Yesssss, this could get real ugly.  I really can’t see any scenario where Woodson goes quietly into the night!

7 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

That's the part that worries me. I would hope, that as wins do look good, ultimately, a new vision and approach is what Dolson wants. This is what I see in Dolson's hiring of Cignetti. JMO

And Woodson has friends in powerful positions.

58 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

sounds as if CMW would need a very STRONG finish to the season(more than just a tourney appearance and at least a sweet 16 appearance minimum to remain HC at IU) with BP waiting in the wings.

It’s going to get really complicated 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Rabjohn's said Friday he didn't think it would have an impact but I find it hard to believe. Imagine if they win these next two and a few games in the B1G Tournament. Season ending on a positive note could very well keep him back even though there is no long term plan. 

I believe it's because of all the other issues that have been going on just that we know of. Let alone if there's things behind the scenes we don't know about. Recruiting issues, Dolson meeting with players, Dolson meeting with former players, and the perceived lack of discipline in the program. These are just things that we know about. 

Woohoo survived the weekend of my 40th, didn't get arrested, no hangover (trying to keep up with this thread gave me a headache, though), but wow shots of bourbon at the bars are expensive, God I am turning old, get off my lawn :farting_smiley:

40??? I got socks older than that!!!

Dang whippersnappers. Happy birthday.

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

Well yeah, absolutely. If it’s 100% fact that Dolson has done what it takes to have Bruce Pearl wanting and able to be here next year then you make the move and know that one way or the other Woodson will be gone. If I were to guess they make it be a good send off retirement thing and the players try like heck to send him out on a good note. If by chance Woodson doesn’t wanna play along with the whole retirement thing and not make the transition pretty, then that’s on him and we fire him if that’s what it takes. Dolson knows this is about the future trajectory of the program, and Woodson’s not it. 

I sure hope you are right but the latter part of your post is what I expect Woodson to do.  His ego won’t allow him to just fade away!

Assembly Call went into this in great detail last week. What does Woodson have to point to going forward? Liam?

Crean (while he had 3 awful years) had Zeller coming in, Yogi/Hollowell the following year, and at the time Blackmon and Lyles. That and some decent young pieces like Watford/Hulls. Things seemed on the rise and the next two years were good. 

Archie's team makes the tournament in 2020 if not for Covid. Trayce was coming back. Also had a "5 star PG" coming the following year. Things seemed on the rise. 

Look at Juwan Howard's record at Michigan. That is where IU is 100% headed. I believe Chris along with Trilly and even Rabjohns...if Dolson has Pearl lined up to be coach, and this admin decides to keep Woodson...I give up. If there was nobody that wanted this job, fine. Keep him for year 4. But it sounds like that isn't the case. 

57 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

I don't see how Woodson will be fired....He won't want to leave his elite IU basketball playing legacy, 11 year NBA career and short NCAA coaching stint at IU tarnished. He will either decide to retire or step down. 

I don’t think it will be that easy