Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

32 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

The only reason I don't think he is using this as a raise, and I could be way wrong, but he just received a raise from Auburn two years ago

Two years ago? Lots of people take raises earlier than that. Woody did.  

If I’m his agent, I’d say this is perfect timing especially considering the team he has right now.   

19 minutes ago, hoosierhoo said:

Scott, no offense, but you seem to still believe news is broken by Walter Cronkite. It’s 2024. The Trillys of the world are far more relevant than ESPN or SI.

He has been wrong so many times so forgive need of I am sceptical

21 minutes ago, hoosierhoo said:

Scott, no offense, but you seem to still believe news is broken by Walter Cronkite. It’s 2024. The Trillys of the world are far more relevant than ESPN or SI.

If it's not on the 6 O'clock news then it's not news. Haha

I'm surprised a few names haven't leaked if there were that many. I was interested to hear who they were. I'm guessing Brian Evans would be one
And Hillman for sure

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, BH33 said:

If this pans out, Dolson should be even more motivated to move on and get everyone on board with BP.

May isn’t going to go to OSU before IU makes a move, so it’s not a big deal that rumor about there. FAU is going to be a tournament team and Kay isn’t going to sign any deal prior to his season finishing. I think Dolson, if he makes a move, will do it the week after the season is over and before Auburn or FAU get eliminated. So if Pearl doesn’t work out Dolson should have time to scoop May away from OSU. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Oh boy....  Didn't expect that.  

You didn’t expect the hottest mid maj coaching candidate to jump to one of the 4 anticipated big time job openings this off season?  

I think everyone, except on this board and places like Peegs, not only expect him to go, but with the quality of jobs out there they’d expect IU to have to get into a massive bidding war to even get him. In the real world cash talks and “dream jobs” walk. 

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

May isn’t going to go to OSU before IU makes a move, so it’s not a big deal that rumor about there.

IU doesn’t even have an opening. May can have a deal in principle before the tourney starts.  

Why wait and see if a fluke shot or bad draw knocks you out early if you are May? He’s time is now. 

Just like Matta, just like Stevens…nobody is waiting for IU.

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

So it sounds to me you’re suggesting IU adopt something that even the professional levels haven’t adopted?  

Some professional teams have this. When Zion entered the league they had him work with an expert to teach him proper gait mechanics. He had to relearn how to walk essentially this was to help prevent some injuries. 

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think that is the safest thing to do since we have been burnt before. Others are better at it than I am. I get my hopes up every time. 

What would stop all of this once and for all is if Dolson had a press conference or posted something saying he supports Woodson and plans on retaining him. JMO

4 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Anyone that thinks May wouldnt go to OSU is just being foolish.   Indiana is not a destination job anymore that people would wait on.  It just isn't.  I know that is frustrating to some.  But it is reality.    

This is true for 99.99% of coaches. However, Dusty grew up 10 miles from Assembly Hall - when Bob Knight was king.

Just now, Artie86 said:

What would stop all of this once and for all is if Dolson had a press conference or posted something saying he supports Woodson and plans on retaining him. JMO

i don't think that's going to happen