Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

I know nothing but for some reason I feel like there's still like a 40% chance of a change being made. When you take all data points throughout this season and add them up it screams a change needs to be made. If this were any other school I'd put it at 80% but alas it is IU.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

If you are a person that only watches IU or just the B1G then it would be quite to shock to see how other conferences play.   You really see the difference with multiple games on at a time.   B1G for me is probably 4th or 5th when I rank conferences i want to watch 

Would explain why the B1G isn’t an elite basketball conference anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds better saying we won't accept an invitation when we may have never been invited.

With all the stolen NCAA bids, IU probably wouldn't have made the NIT. Good thing they got out in front of it by saying they wouldn't go to avoid that embarrassment for IU and Mike Woodson.

This much talent with a favorable schedule in a down year for the conference and it's questionable whether they'd even be invited to the NIT. Keeping Woodson is a smart choice because he can obviously coach. 

48 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I don’t know where to put this, but currently returning from Spring Break (you can still spring break even though you have graduated correct)?  But anyway, why don’t we have a Buc ee’s around here?  Someone needs to make that happen.

Including the obligatory *Fire Mike Woodson* so I don’t get in trouble with @Stuhoofor posting this here.

I don’t think Buc-ee’s is allowed in Nebraska, Illinois, or Indiana. There is already a chain of convenience stores named Bucky’s in those states and they have been involved in multiple lawsuits with Buc-ee’s. I believe the final resolution was that Buc-ee’s isn’t allowed in any state where Bucky’s operates. Fire Mike Woodson.

Reneau would really shock me. He’s going to get infinity touches again in the paint and get paid like an all-American to do it. If I am MM I at least see what the market price is for my services. Gallo and especially Leal are probably making several factors more money than they ever would elsewhere. 
All depends what he wants. If he wants to play on a good team he would leave. He gets paid good money anywhere he goes. Maybe not quite as much but but money isn't everything for some

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m still holding out hope for someone. 

Do you think QB and company can/would stand in the way of someone like Pearl? The insanity of even considering keeping Woody if Pearl would come is hard for me to wrap my head around. Or is it simply Woody gets 4 no matter who you could hire?

2 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Do you think QB and company can/would stand in the way of someone like Pearl? The insanity of even considering keeping Woody if Pearl would come is hard for me to wrap my head around. Or is it simply Woody gets 4 no matter who you could hire?

86e2b7de-c06b-4024-8ac3-eb94e23ba43d_text.gif

2 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I do not see anyone who would stop us if we got a proven P5 head coach. I mean QB or anyone like that. 

4 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I would kick MW to the curb if it was proven that Bruce Pearl wanted to come here.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I do not see anyone who would stop us if we got a proven P5 head coach. I mean QB or anyone like that. 

Unfortunately, I think there is a big difference between not stopping Dolson and approving of the decision. I think most of the members of the BoT would not approve of the decision (but choose not to try and stop him) and I think that might be enough to keep Dolson from pulling the trigger.

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If our next coach is in the tournament I don’t expect us to retire Woodson tomorrow.

The other item I am looking for is the timing of the hiring of the GM position.  Also I read Louisville is looking at Bob Huggins for Head Coach.

32 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I don’t think Buc-ee’s is allowed in Nebraska, Illinois, or Indiana. There is already a chain of convenience stores named Bucky’s in those states and they have been involved in multiple lawsuits with Buc-ee’s. I believe the final resolution was that Buc-ee’s isn’t allowed in any state where Bucky’s operates. Fire Mike Woodson.

That’s too bad.  Thanks for the intel.  My convenient store knowledge is limited.  I agree.  Fire Mike Woodson.

Something I've noticed this week is that there are a lot of teams that play like they are having fun. IU hasn't played like that for a long time. Maybe a couple times last year but honestly 2016 was the last time I remember an IU team that had fun on the court. Fire Woodson 

Just now, Hornsby said:

Bruce Pearl is such a bad coach. So glad we are rolling back with nba legend Woodson and chill leal.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yep! Winning a conference championship sucks! Long live Woody

In all seriousness, look at his emotional response to that win and his connection with the players. I’d love to see that at IU