Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

7 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

If you listen to kathy c, Dolson is powerless to do anything here.  I wouldn’t be blaming him. All he’s got is lipstick to try to put on this pig.  

Right, I’m not blaming him. Feel bad that he’s in the position he’s in and wish he was able to do something about it. 

Just now, Herotime said:

By all means. Feel free to introduce yourself to the class.

Lifelong IU fan. Grew up in S. Indiana, played collegiate football (not at IU, wasn't good enough, unfortunately).  Not new to BTB because I'm a new fan.  New because I've been over at ITH on their premium side of things.

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

Right, because we are untrue fans.  

Nailed it, ha!

13 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I’m not going to be able to root for IU I’m not a true fan. I’ll not spend another dollar.

But, but, Dolson has a plan. And it's a good plan. Seems at least the players still think that.

I don't think the "true fan" bits from Woody and Leal were responses from a salty old coach or a testy player. 

I think they were calculated, measured and planned -- and part of a brilliant marketing strategy.

I can see it now ... 

IU "True fan" T-shirts

IU "True fan" hoodies 

IU "True fan" sweat pants

IU "True fan" hats 

IU "True fan" coffee cups

IU "True fan" tumblers 

There's no end to the possibilities. And of course, they'll cost a little more, because a "true fan" certainly will be willing to spend a little extra! A signifant portion of the proceeds goes to NIL.

Point me the way to these goodies! 

13 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Lol the true fan **** is sad. Can you see knight crying cause fans weren't supporting suckasagness. Insane

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just a different version of Knight's "critics and kiss my @$$" speech.

I want to once again clarify that I was riding the Fire Coach Woodson train and bought all the chatter that our team hated Woody and we would sputter out the rest of the season…

But man is a hit dog gonna holler. Let’s not act like we were all respectfully disappointed. We were feasting on rumors that suggest our coach is the worst and our players don’t care. Several were openly advocating they hoped we would lose every game.

How dare someone win a few games playing their best basketball and then publicly let you know that they saw those things you were saying and didn’t appreciate them. I am heartened by yesterday’s speech. It tells me that even though we will have a coach we don’t think is the right guy for next season, at least he’s got a locker room of guys that love him and maybe the doom and gloom was a bit exaggerated. Here’s to hoping we can watch some decent hoops next year while we wait for our next great coach to arrive!

I'm an aspiring true fan, how do I sign up?

No, honestly it was good to hear him be a little angry. Wish that fire was there all year. We didn't achieve our mission in this thread, but we were noticed by the program and the results were a F U to all us non-true fans. I'm not afraid to shake the cage. Totally fine with me! Just win baby

Also, believe some irritation from inside the program is due to Rabjohns burner on X (90% sure) calling for Woody's job

13 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Had several friends text me like what?

Well, if they didn't agree with you, they probably wouldn't be your "friends". 

Different version of the "real fans" thing.

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

Well, if they didn't agree with you, they probably wouldn't be your "friends". 

Different version of the "real fans" thing.

"Mike Woodson's real friends smoke cigars and drink red wine together win or LOSE!" -Mike Woodson, probably

16 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't think the "true fan" bits from Woody and Leal were responses from a salty old coach or a testy player. 

I think they were calculated, measured and planned -- and part of a brilliant marketing strategy.

I can see it now ... 

IU "True fan" T-shirts

IU "True fan" hoodies 

IU "True fan" sweat pants

IU "True fan" hats 

IU "True fan" coffee cups

IU "True fan" tumblers 

There's no end to the possibilities. And of course, they'll cost a little more, because a "true fan" certainly will be willing to spend a little extra! A signifant portion of the proceeds goes to NIL.

Point me the way to these goodies! 

Sorry, Steuben already bought all the inventory. 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wow, you people have been busy little beavers.

I want the arrogant sob gone ASAP.  Last night was Senior Night.  It wasn't Mike Woodson night but he made it that with his comments.  We can't get rid of him fast enough but I'm reconciled to the fact we're stuck for another year.  

The appropriate epitaph for his tombstone:  "I'm not going anywhere."  

“Every night is Mike Woodson night.” 

- Mike Woodson 

2 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

I want to once again clarify that I was riding the Fire Coach Woodson train and bought all the chatter that our team hated Woody and we would sputter out the rest of the season…

But man is a hit dog gonna holler. Let’s not act like we were all respectfully disappointed. We were feasting on rumors that suggest our coach is the worst and our players don’t care. Several were openly advocating they hoped we would lose every game.

How dare someone win a few games playing their best basketball and then publicly let you know that they saw those things you were saying and didn’t appreciate them. I am heartened by yesterday’s speech. It tells me that even though we will have a coach we don’t think is the right guy for next season, at least he’s got a locker room of guys that love him and maybe the doom and gloom was a bit exaggerated. Here’s to hoping we can watch some decent hoops next year while we wait for our next great coach to arrive!

It's not a rumor that our coach is the worst. Frustrating that despite a 4 game win streak to end the year, we're not going to be in the NCAAT.

Where was this fight in January when we lose 4 of 5 and get blasted by a bad Penn State team at home who was without its 2nd top scorer?

I wonder what Dolson or any of the powers that be think of Woodson proclaiming "I've done my job" and "I'm not going anywhere".

I hope they were watching and thinking "uhh slow down there Mike, we'll talk about that."

11 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think we’ll see who laughs last They made it personal tonight.

That's completely fair and true!

When Woody gets salty and pushes back hard against the predictions of his demise? ? It's human emotions; I understand how it happened and why it came out after a four game winning streak.

If the team underachieves after he throws down? Time to be gone, Mike Woodson.

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wow, you people have been busy little beavers.

I want the arrogant sob gone ASAP.  Last night was Senior Night.  It wasn't Mike Woodson night but he made it that with his comments.  We can't get rid of him fast enough but I'm reconciled to the fact we're stuck for another year.  

The appropriate epitaph for his tombstone:  "I'm not going anywhere."  

My worry is we're stuck with him until he decides he's done because how dare the clown show IU leadership fire a guy that played there over 40 years ago.

You know his epitaph would have a 3rd person reference: "Mike Woodson's not going anywhere."

13 hours ago, Trish said:

That will help with SOS. Other than that, Woodson will want to schedule the Alabama States, the Eastern Kentucky’s, the Eastern Illinois. 

20 wins is indeed a magical number. But not so magical when it’s against a terrible non conference and a mediocre league. Big ten becomes more average next season with the 4 West Coast teams. 

Yes, we need another terrible non-conference schedule. Maybe we can start by adding weak teams like Kansas, UConn and Auburn.