Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

D and

And Woody won't listen to them so just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
Yep and why would any good assistant come to coach under him knowing he won't listen to a thing they say.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't follow him like some do, so a question - 

How much has he actually gotten right, at least in recent years, where IU is concerned?

Trilly is very plugged in.  Obviously he or his sources could and have gotten some things wrong, but anybody who says he isn't plugged in is living in a different reality than this one. 

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Kenny Payne
Armond Hill
Randy Wittman
A collection of bad coaches. Why not bring in kent benson while we are at it.

Hey, let's not badmouth Kent Benson.  Word is that he enjoys watching Matt Painter and Purdue basketball, so he seems to have a clue as to what good college basketball is.  

18 hours ago, go iu bb said:

You've obviously never played in a high level Sunday night church league. If you had, you'd understand how the pressure affects you. You'd understand the team dynamics we're seeing at IU better. Until you experience that pressure cooker, you know nothing. 

And when that Big Coach In The Sky is angry with you? Well, it isn't pretty!

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

D and

Yep and why would any good assistant come to coach under him knowing he won't listen to a thing they say.

And they are likely to lose said job after a year.  Woodson isn't long term no matter what happens.

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 

Kenny Payne. Yeah, just what this program needs, input from another bad coach.

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 

If they don’t make a move and allow CMW to hire Kenny Payne that will be the straw for me. I won’t watch, I’ll stop my annual donation, and my wife can wake me up when we have a different coach. I love my alma mater, I always will, but the idea of not replacing him and he having the hubris to hire a coach as bad as KP is just laughable.

45 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

The thing is that there are probably no agreement with another coach. It was probably just a rumor that isn't true.

Our fan base has to be the most gullible fan base our there

We take every word as gospel from people that probably don't really know that much. Why take Trilly word as being correct. These people know our fan base and are playing us as fools and want click baits.

If I were to guess I say the chances of Woodson being our coach next year is 98%

If Woodson is brought back, it's going to be ugly.  I won't be just calling for Woodson's head, but Dolson's as well.  Imo, Dolson's job should be on the line if he chooses to bring Woodson back.  Chris- get that resume updated. :)

Gosh now at this point with all the stuff that has gotten out already about him most likely being gone and the whole Pearl stuff, HOPEFULLY this new word being said about them planning on having him back is to just hush the noise around everything until the season ends. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Is the Kenny Payne thing real? I feel like I've seen people bring it up here and there over the season  but thought it was a joke.

Is there any possibility (and I hate to even mention it with today’s world) that a large reason he could be brought back for a 4th year is because he is a program legend (who is also African American) to save face for potentional fall-out with legends of the past and Woodson claiming he didn’t get a fair shake after just 3 years? 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm just throwing out numbers to see if this would move the needle for IU fans to want Pearl and move on from Woodson. 

When I go to negotiate I need to know how much you guys want me to spend. LOL 

Just to get everyone to slow down I will say as of today the plan is for Woodson to get his 4th year

Well if he’s back next year he’s off to a great start by not going to any sectional games last night to watch recruits. 

2 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Is the Kenny Payne thing real? I feel like I've seen people bring it up here and there over the season  but thought it was a joke.

It'd be a joke if it was funny. Unfortunately it's the kind of thing I could see IU doing.

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dusty May would 100% say yes to the job. Thus, there’s no reason to bring back Woodson for a 4th season. 

And I don’t even want the Dust. But if X number of big-name coaches don’t want the job now, they definitely won’t want it after an even worse season next season. So let’s get Dusty. There’s no possible way he’ll be worse than Woodson. At the very least, he won’t half-a*** the job like a certain somebody. 

Has Trilly said anything about Dusty being reached out to?

1 hour ago, iubhounds2 said:

In a sick sort of way, I'd like Woodson to get his 4th year just to see what he comes up with, no matter how bad it gets. The problem with that thinking is ... four more B1G teams next year and that would put them near 17th or 18th in the conference. I think I'm joking about this ...or am I?

The race for the first to be the worst in the new B1G.