Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That already happened. Next up is meeting with the coaches and then meet with the head coach.

Would not be surprised that Woodson have support of both, players and coaches (more so players)…the gigs are just to good financially and a ton of related perks.  Ride that horse til it dies while open to even better gigs.

18 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Haha. I understand it’s tough to win game’s starting two McDonald’s All Americans and a 24 year PG.

Don’t forget about our own Mr Basketball Anthony “Chill” Leal coming off the bench 4 years of bench experience. 

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Guys, the prom queen isn’t going with to prom.  Drink some beer , take the ugly girl out and just get as much enjoyment as you can.  Maybe next year the prom Queen isn’t busy.

But the prom queen isn’t busy! She’s a family friend (in Boca Raton) and would jump at the opportunity to join me if asked!

1 minute ago, hper50 said:

But the prom queen isn’t busy! She’s a family friend (in Boca Raton) and would jump at the opportunity to join me if asked!

Oh, understand.  But my opening statement didn't say she was busy.  But it sounds like she is going with some ugly kid this year who might get her pregnant and tie her down for a few years.

One thought...one reason it might make sense to give Woodson another year or two is if Dolson thinks Shrewsberry is a better long-term prospect than May. In that case, giving Woody a chance to go out with a bang in the portal next year, while giving Shews a chance to prove himself at ND, isn't totally crazy.

1 minute ago, IU Prof said:

One thought...one reason it might make sense to give Woodson another year or two is if Dolson thinks Shrewsberry is a better long-term prospect than May. In that case, giving Woody a chance to go out with a bang in the portal next year, while giving Shews a chance to prove himself at ND, isn't totally crazy.

Could potentially bring Mullins, Burton and baby Shrews with him! *shrugs*

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Oh, understand.  But my opening statement didn't say she was busy.  But it sounds like she is going with some ugly kid this year who might get her pregnant and tie her down for a few years.

That escalated quickly lol

18 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

Nope, some IU fans are toxic when they boo players/ coaches at games, or they get grossly upset to the point of claiming a player was bribed to do his senior speech. That's the definition of toxic. That's the definition of why it's hard to recruit, or get a tier 1 coach to IU. That's just one reason, but certainly the one most visible to those outside the IU realm, why we'll remain irrelevant in college basketball.

Sometimes change is good, but IU's never been good at it, at least since RMK left. With this administration, what makes you think it will magically be better next time?

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Sick and tired of this toxic fan narrative . Stop sucking as a coach and players fans just want to see good basketball. When we see years of bad coaching, poor shooting, terrible free throw %, not blocking out, awful 3 pt defense and low basketball IQ, we are not going to accept it lying down. We will want our voices to be heard. This doesn’t make us toxic fans or not true fans. F U Woody and sorry Leal don’t want to chill about.  Woody should just take his 12 million buy out for sucking and put his tail between his legs and get the hell out of Bloomington. 

I’ve resigned myself to the fact our ceiling is mediocre next year. If we can’t be good, I hope next season looks like 08-09 instead of 23-24. 

The absolute best case scenario would be if Woody has an epiphany on the course today and retires. 
Second best would be Dolson leaves a box of Montecristos, a nice bottle of red, and a pink slip at the clubhouse. 
There’s a whole spectrum of results next year with a ceiling of “meh”(second round NCAAT blowout) to “Louisville bad.” Unfortunately some of those scenarios probably end up with Woody year 5.
Worst case is Woody pulls an Andrew Luck retirement,  one of the assistants get us to Dayton, and our hands are tied to hire long term. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Sick and tired of this toxic fan narrative . Stop sucking as a coach and players fans just want to see good basketball. When we see years of bad coaching, poor shooting, terrible free throw %, not blocking out, awful 3 pt defense and low basketball IQ, we are not going to accept it lying down. We will want our voices to be heard. This doesn’t make us toxic fans or not true fans. F U Woody and sorry Leal don’t want to chill about.  Woody should just take his 12 million buy out for sucking and put his tail between his legs and get the hell out of Bloomington. 

image.png.a7a3fbdfc91f46d74344f3f6c6213f26.png

That's an average over 14 loses. Considering that they had only 19 wins and many of those were close, I am pretty sure IU got outscored over the course of the season. 

Just checked. They did get outscored 2386 (182nd) to 2452 (288th). The stats are just as brutal as watching the team was.

image.thumb.png.b15d6ae30067a5ce1048b9d325d66669.png