Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Remember when Mike Davis, on the verge of missing the tournament for a third straight season (sacrilege back then, not unusual today), announced he would step down when the season ended, and the team reeled off 5 straight wins and started having fun again? It sure would be awesome if IU reached out to Dusty May, got a yes from him, convinced Woodson this was for the best, and we got hot to end the year. 

But we're IU fans and we can't have nice things, so that's an alternate timeline we'll never experience. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Remember when Mike Davis, on the verge of missing the tournament for a third straight season (sacrilege back then, not unusual today), announced he would step down when the season ended, and the team reeled off 5 straight wins and started having fun again? It sure would be awesome if IU reached out to Dusty May, got a yes from him, convinced Woodson this was for the best, and we got hot to end the year. 

But we're IU fans and we can't have nice things, so that's an alternate timeline we'll never experience. 

Too bad we don't have a Robert Vaden.

15 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Making trustees political appointments. What could possibly go wrong. No way those selections would have ulterior motives.

People in general, not just alumni, should be upset about that.

At least I can pray that they would care about the basketball program… could be a positive? 

28 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

At least I can pray that they would care about the basketball program… could be a positive? 

A politician's interests are based on what special interest pays them the most, and politicians will pick someone with shared interests.

7 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Yea, I think this is one of those instances where you could pick random names from the phone book and they’d be better than what we’ve had with regards to the direction of men’s basketball. 

4 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Since Oats was mentioned with UL and OSU, here's an article breaking down his contract and buyout. 12m if he leaves before March 15.

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2024/02/14/nate-oats-contract-buyout-alabama-basketball-record-salary-crimson-tide/72599204007/

And $10 million for the year that follows. Add that to the dismissed coach buyout, and getting Oats would apparently cost upwards of $15 million before he could take a new job. That's a lot.

11 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I'm right there with you. If kids have been taught defense their entire lives, then it takes 3 years for them to learn it your way, then you need a new system. 

I'm pretty sure that Mgbako still hasn't figured out basic help defense. I remember being told that he had never played helpside defense in high school and it was taking him some time to pick it up at the beginning of the year. Not sure he has still picked it up/ 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm pretty sure that Mgbako still hasn't figured out basic help defense. I remember being told that he had never played helpside defense in high school and it was taking him some time to pick it up at the beginning of the year. Not sure he has still picked it up/ 

@Chris007 would you say that your comment yesterday (of CMW getting another year to turn things around) is the general sentiment of what you’re hearing or what you’ve heard from someone  closest to the person who’ll make a decision of that magnitude? Hope that makes sense. Gracias!

Edited by Herotime

Just now, Herotime said:

would you say that your comment yesterday (of CMW getting another year to turn things around) is the general sentiment of what you’re hearing or what you’ve heard from someone  closest to the person who’ll make a decision of that magnitude? Hope that makes sense. Gracias!

I believe that is the sentiment as of right now from the AD office. But many things can change. We have 7 games to go, one BT coach has already been let go, and Dusty could win the NC. Lots of things are at play for the next month. 

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Mgbako hasn’t figured out that he needs to move after an opponent takes a shot…..block out, go get the ball, do something other than stand and watch with his feet glued to the floor.  If anyone has sat down with him and showed him tape of himself, it hasn’t changed anything in 24 games.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I believe that is the sentiment as of right now from the AD office. But many things can change. We have 7 games to go, one BT coach has already been let go, and Dusty could win the NC. Lots of things are at play for the next month. 

Being thinking we need to see how this plays out. We will have a lot more information by year end. 
How do we play down the stretch?

Which of our key players may opt to leave?

Will Liam choose to decommit?

Can we add some other key players via the portal or HS?

Anything else weird happens