Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

30 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

After Crean was fired, I brought up Brad Underwood's name and that IU should look at real hard. So many on here shot that down. What might have been.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underwood is not the answer to any questions involving IU.  Stop yourself.  

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If I had guess, it will probably be a disappointing one

Probably something atrocious like next season will be Woody’s last, but Rosemond will be coach in waiting and will take over duties for the 2025-26 season. 

15 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Probably something atrocious like next season will be Woody’s last, but Rosemond will be coach in waiting and will take over duties for the 2025-26 season. 

From what I’ve heard a something like that was Woodson’s original plan. 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Woody's substitution patterns are maddening. His offense is archaic. His defense can't stop the 3. 

But I think what bothers me most is his strategy of taking a year off from the NCAAs! 

The players needed the rest. Losing 14 games by an average of almost 15 points is exhausting. They need to get ready to lose even more games by a larger margin next year.

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Meh, offense would be top5 if Pearl realized college bb offense runs inside out.

Auburn’s halfcourt offense runs through the post and they don’t shoot a million 3’s. Their leading scorers are Broome and Williams, who aren’t perimeter players. There are a lot better examples to snark on Woody with than Auburn. 

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

Auburn’s halfcourt offense runs through the post and they don’t shoot a million 3’s. Their leading scorers are Broome and Williams, who aren’t perimeter players. There are a lot better examples to snark on Woody with than Auburn. 

The difference is they use that to get good outside shots. IU throws the ball inside and it stays there.

Auburn shoots 7.4 more 3-pointers per game than IU and hits them at a higher percentage. They also have 2.7 more assists per game.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

After Crean was fired, I brought up Brad Underwood's name and that IU should look at real hard. So many on here shot that down. What might have been.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

There are a lot of coaches many of us snickered at when they had some struggles that now have it rolling. 

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

He's 60 and still hasn't ever been out of the first weekend.

That seems a bit like snickering lol.  Meanwhile this IU fan feels like we are sitting in a 1970’s station wagon that ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

Well, Dusty will be available after the second round at least 

I’m still wondering what the infatuation with May!  He had the the exact same team he did last year and the team wasn’t as good, especially defensively.  If they hadn’t made that run last year, they wouldn’t have gotten in this year.  They did play in a little tougher conference but that conference usually would get 1 bid.  He may very well end up a good coach, but right now we really don’t know how good a coach he can be at a P5, everyone is guessing and I am guessing he could be the next Archie Miller.

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m still wondering what the infatuation with May!  He had the the exact same team he did last year and the team wasn’t as good, especially defensively.  If they hadn’t made that run last year, they wouldn’t have gotten in this year.  They did play in a little tougher conference but that conference usually would get 1 bid.  He may very well end up a good coach, but right now we really don’t know how good a coach he can be at a P5, everyone is guessing and I am guessing he could be the next Archie Miller.

T.J. Otzelberger

He is ready folks. The NBA legend is about to pound the pavement!

The next few months will absolutely determine the future of this program and is the most critical offseason, in my opinion, in nearly a decade for Indiana basketball.

“We’ve just got a lot of work to do this summer to get better,” Woodson added. “I don’t want to sit here this time next year and not be playing in the (NCAA) tournament.”

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He is ready folks. The NBA legend is about to pound the pavement!

The next few months will absolutely determine the future of this program and is the most critical offseason, in my opinion, in nearly a decade for Indiana basketball.

“We’ve just got a lot of work to do this summer to get better,” Woodson added. “I don’t want to sit here this time next year and not be playing in the (NCAA) tournament.”

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

He’s right about the last part.  If we are not in the tournament next year he won’t be sitting here.