Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Can we just put Woodson in the portal and take our chances that someone snags him?
We would pobably have to pay someone just to take him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Maybe they will save woody a seat at this year’s tournament and he can watch the IU women play.

He and Teri don’t get along, and according to his views on the women’s team…he wouldn’t show up anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m still wondering what the infatuation with May!  He had the the exact same team he did last year and the team wasn’t as good, especially defensively.  If they hadn’t made that run last year, they wouldn’t have gotten in this year.  They did play in a little tougher conference but that conference usually would get 1 bid.  He may very well end up a good coach, but right now we really don’t know how good a coach he can be at a P5, everyone is guessing and I am guessing he could be the next Archie Miller.

Until you sit down and talk with him you really don't know.  Can he take the model he uses at FIU and adapt it to a P5 team?  That's the $64,000 question.  It will be a judgment call.  Archie could not.  

16 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He is ready folks. The NBA legend is about to pound the pavement!

The next few months will absolutely determine the future of this program and is the most critical offseason, in my opinion, in nearly a decade for Indiana basketball.

“We’ve just got a lot of work to do this summer to get better,” Woodson added. “I don’t want to sit here this time next year and not be playing in the (NCAA) tournament.”

The problem is the portal is now.  By summer teams will be set.  If he waits that long, he's in big trouble.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Until you sit down and talk with him you really don't know.  Can he take the model he uses at FIU and adapt it to a P5 team?  That's the $64,000 question.  It will be a judgment call.  Archie could not.  

With today’s NIL, it’s way more than that 

Maybe they will save woody a seat at this year’s tournament and he can watch the IU women play.
I think he considers himself above women's basketball. Plus he is probably already down at fuzzy's place in Naples for a couple of weeks of golf and entertainment. All on fuzzy of course.

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

With today’s NIL, it’s way more than that 

Nah, NIL doesn't mean anything if you get the wrong players.  Need to determine if Dusty has the ability to assemble parts at the P5 level.  He's shown he can do it at FIU.  

3 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

After Crean was fired, I brought up Brad Underwood's name and that IU should look at real hard. So many on here shot that down. What might have been.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I'm in the minority and actually like Underwwood quite a bit. However, at the time of hiring AM wasn't BU still dealing with some FBI stuff from OKST? I could be remembering wrong

Nah, NIL doesn't mean anything if you get the wrong players.  Need to determine if Dusty has the ability to assemble parts at the P5 level.  He's shown he can do it at FIU.  
But the current philosophy of the boosters at iu is just give Woodson a few more million and all will be well. Like you said not at all how it works.

Just now, Hornsby said:

But the current philosophy of the boosters at iu is just give Woodson a few more million and all will be well. Like you said not at all how it works.

Exactly. Sad, but true

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

FAU....not be that guy

11 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Same with him too

He turned a 2-22 Iowa State program into a team that just steamrolled the number two team in the country.