Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

Well, KathywithaC has things fired up

We have a game tonight

Chris is sobering up from his wife's departure

And some will take the # I set as a personal challenge.........so,

The place is a powder keg ready to erupt. I'm going big, I think we hit 600 by tomorrow midnight.

I know you're a gambler because that's a great line. Page 407 was the last segment of the Maryland game. With your factors, I'm really torn, but I'm going over 600 at midnight on 3/8.

Edit: we ticked off another page before I could even get this posted. Unreal.

I do think we all need to take a deep breath, it is quite unlikely that someone on the BoT is wasting their day posting here like us haha 

Credit to Kathywithac for making us cool it a little. We have a habit of making bogeymen out of some of the decision makers. Dolson, Whitten, Buckner etc are all very competent people and great stewards of the University. The fans are upset, true, but there are other stakeholders to consider. When the time comes, QB will listen to facts. I'm sure he believes in his friend/believes he can get it done, who wouldn't support their friend? But we have to understand that these people are running a University first.  They will not make any decision rashly. 

Regarding May, I do think he is an easier sell. A lot of fans are not super comfortable with Pearl's past, and if IU is his dream job it still would be after one more year of Woody. If it's Pearl, the only thing that will be different a year from now is that both BP and MW's buyouts will be diminished by 1yr.  Dusty, however, stands to have a much, much higher buyout next year. And if he succeeds, you may have to live with him at a conference rival for the next few decades. If you think he's the guy, the time is now. 

Happy to continue arguing about Dusty's record with anyone. I've watched a TON of FAU since he was hired and I am confident that he will succeed. But I understand those of you who want a P5 coach. At the end of the day it comes down to this: if we can get BP or DM we should move now to save the '25 class while the damage is minimal. I'm good with whoever the easier sell is to make this move happen. 

23 minutes ago, Tom White said:

People do love their conspiracy theories. Probably all of us do to some extent.

It’s a fascinating topic.  Many of which are true spread amongst the most outrageous ones that aren’t.  

Cathy knows some stuff.  

This morning has been interesting.  

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I know you're a gambler because that's a great line. Page 407 was the last segment of the Maryland game. With your factors, I'm really torn, but I'm going over 600 at midnight on 3/8.

Edit: we ticked off another page before I could even get this posted. Unreal.

are you..... challenging me? 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

AHC at Indiana St. Coached at Butler and Xavier. Heavily connected in-state recruiter. 

This is what I was wondering. May being in Florida for the last several years means he hasn't been visual in the state or may not have the full/proper connections here. Any new coach would need an Indiana recruiting "expert" and massive connection to mend bridges that Woody has broken. 

30 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

OK since @AZ Hoosier is firing me. I'm going to say this since it's been a good day so far and we have a game tonight.

From what I'm hearing I don't think QB is going to block Dolson from making a move after the season. He might not agree with it but he won't stop it from happening.

That is the good news. The bad news as of today is I would slowly start bracing ourselves that Bruce Pearl might not be the next coach. I'm not sure Dolson can get enough support for it. 

I think IU has a case of FOMO. If I were to guess today and this could change later today or this week I would say Dusty May would be the next coach. 

I feel so hip that I knew what FOMO meant!!  Anyway, May would be a marked improvement although not that grand slam splash most are wanting.

3 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

This is what I was wondering. May being in Florida for the last several years means he hasn't been visual in the state or may not have the full/proper connections here. Any new coach would need an Indiana recruiting "expert" and massive connection to mend bridges that Woody has broken. 

Isn't one of Mays best players from the state of Indiana?  

I agree he would need some good assistants with connections, but that is every coach that comes in.   

May would have a lot of buy in from people from the start IMO.  

One thing we haven't considered is the effect of march madness. If you think the fanbase is a powder keg right now....wait until Purdue makes their run. I'm sure the decision makers will have made their call by then, but if its still Woody the fanbase will be....restless

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Coaching Changes @CoachingChanges

Sticking with #IUBB, an unvetted and therefore for the time being untrusted source tells us that Quinn Buckner behind closed doors is not defending Mike Woodson as boisterously as he had been. Not against him, but apparently less for him. I was 95/5 Woody stays. Now I’m 50/50.

They need to put some respect on our man Chris....untrusted source my rear end! 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sticking with #IUBB, an unvetted and therefore for the time being untrusted source tells us that Quinn Buckner behind closed doors is not defending Mike Woodson as boisterously as he had been. Not against him, but apparently less for him. I was 95/5 Woody stays. Now I’m 50/50.

Blasphemy! @Chris007 is as vetted and trusted as they come!

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't disagree. And believe me I'm hoping I'm wrong. I love Dusty but think Pearl gets us back to elite quicker

I'm not convinced May does get us back there. I had a 'believe it when I see it' Outlook on Pearl because he doesn't fit IU's holier than thou crap, but I'm sorry May would be a disappointing hire.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A lot of the "best" choice is about fit, potential, energy, fit, sustained success at a P5 program, longevity, and fit.

Did I say "fit" three times? That's because it is the far and away most important factor.

Therefore, the best choice (with an understanding that no one is a perfect choice) is; 

1) Dusty May

v

v

v

v

v

2) Bruce Pearl

I'm marking this point in time now but Stu has been the most ardent supporter of May since the start of this thread.  Mad props to him if the May hire becomes a reality, especially after Chris007's new info.

2 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Isn't one of Mays best players from the state of Indiana?  

I agree he would need some good assistants with connections, but that is every coach that comes in.   

May would have a lot of buy in from people from the start IMO.  

Yes, he is from Indiana but what were his HS rankings? Not saying he didn't recruit him but we need bigger recruitment wins and connections to agencies to land big time recruitments. 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Where is my attorney? Can I not get compensated for some of this? 

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm not convinced May does get us back there. I had a 'believe it when I see it' Outlook on Pearl because he doesn't fit IU's holier than thou crap, but I'm sorry May would be a disappointing hire.

So your on record saying you want to stay with Woodson? You and NGW?