Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

I have a hard time believing there is a guaranteed option D right now that for sure is better than Woodson.  

I just hope so, but man it is hard to see 

For me it's hard to see how any option could possibly be worse than Woody.

3 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

I have a hard time believing there is a guaranteed option D right now that for sure is better than Woodson.  

I just hope so, but man it is hard to see 

If Coach D has a successful college coaching background and can get his team to play defense and run a coherent offense then I am already on board. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I am not going to get my hopes up until there is job opening at IU, until then this is just talk.

It sounds like there won't be a job opening at IU. Woodson will either be replaced immediately or continue to be the coach.

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I am not going to get my hopes up until there is job opening at IU, until then this is just talk.

It's hard not to though. You know the feeling of euphoria when you just don't have something you want.

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the plan is talk to coach A, B, C to try to swing big, if we don't get one of those then we have option D that we know will take the job. IMO all options are better than Woodson.

But one of these has to be a done deal before anything will happen here. 

I hope coach A is Oats. 

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I find it very hard to believe Woodson and his ego would basically be told we are done with you but please stay on and consult. That would be a big step down and I highly doubt he would do it. We need a clean break. Also the new guy may now want anything to do with one and done players from prep schools

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Depends on how it's positioned to him....Do you want to leave the program you love with a tarnished reputation and no chance to repair it? Or do you want to try to be part of returning the program to where it should be? I don't believe his ego is such that he doesn't realize that this has not worked out for him. 

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the plan is talk to coach A, B, C to try to swing big, if we don't get one of those then we have option D that we know will take the job. IMO all options are better than Woodson.

@Chris007 Without providing specifics, wink if you see options A - D in the list below. 

Amir Abdur-Rahim 

Dusty May

TJ Otzelberger 

Scott Drew

Tommy Llyod

Mick Cronin

Greg McDermott 

Tony Bennett 

Grant McCasland 

Nate Oates 

Bruce Pearl

1 hour ago, TadQueasy said:

That is true.  

I also must say I find it amusing how fast things have changed to Pearl being seen in a positive light here as a possible coach.  The last couple go arounds he has been seen in a very negative light.  

It is a hard situation to not get your hopes up.  But we have went through the Donovan ordeal.  The Stevens ordeal.  Now who is the next person to walk that path and then we end up with a less than stellar selection.  

I want to be positive that there is still a bright future for IU Basketball, but more and more I feel like things have passed us by and we will never be more than what we have been for the last few years.  Maybe an occasional sweet 16 run, but more times than not we are a bubble team or a NIT team. 

Nebraska in football 

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

And A & B are pretty damn good. Fans will be pleased? 

Just now, Five Prime said:

Why does this feel exactly like 3 years ago?  Remember when we were going to get Brad Stevens and ended up with Woodson?  Now we think we're getting Pearl and end up with...Dane Fife?

Much more smoke and straight forwardness here. Don’t have to look so hard to find the path.