Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

It looks like most of it is stuff I've read on this board, except the he treats people (Teri Moren) like garbage. That was the only thing new to me.  That could have been on here and I just missed it though.  It's still a good collection of all the negatives about him and furthers the agenda.  So I stand with my brother in arms, Basketball & War. 

Teri knows one thing he doesn't....success. And I'm sure that pisses him off.

2 hours ago, Ya Boy AD Scotty D said:

Will Woodson coach next year? Most likely yes. 

Is Tuesday's meeting still happening, in some form? My understanding is also yes.

Osterman, when asked to jump, will simply ask... "how high?" I anticipate this news cycle to be steady until March Madness. 

As of today, do I expect a change to be made? No.

But do I believe that has been officially decided yet? My understanding is not yet. 

All I am saying is... never say never. Oh, and Cathy, have your people call my people. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone. 

-Ya Boy AD Scotty D

Here is some fodder for the news/rumors/speculation that @realTomCrean asked for. 

Troll account seems likely IMO but... eat your heart out conspiracy lovers (sorry @Stuhoo

2 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

It looks like most of it is stuff I've read on this board, except the he treats people (Teri Moren) like garbage. That was the only thing new to me.  That could have been on here and I just missed it though.  It's still a good collection of all the negatives about him and furthers the agenda.  So I stand with my brother in arms, Basketball & War. 

How many women's games has Mike been at this season?

1 hour ago, iubhounds2 said:

No matter what direction you look at ... Next year is going to be like a monkey trying to f*** a basketball.

I have a hound that would hump the monkey.

3 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

I talked about that a few days ago.

I sit here contemplating the state of the basketball program at university that I loved basically since birth.  I was born an IU baby from two IU grads.  Basically I'm having a deep thoughts moment from Jack Handy.

What if we change the name of this thread?

From Fire Coach Woodson to...

Please Coach Woodson Retire...

Then we start sending positive vibes and emails to Woody thanking him for all his time and energy working to get us over the insurmountable HUMP.  You deserve a nice retirement package of all you can drink wine, golf, and stogies.  Could be worth a try??

35 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Archie fourth year was far more deserving than Woodsons imo. Archie would have made the tournament and had tjd and a few others returning. Worth the gamble imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Archie, for all his faults, didn't really throw players under the bus to the media.

16 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

#8 INFURIATES ME. 

Does Woody want to go to war with the fanbase or something? Geez Louise 

Sounds like maybe Moren asked if he’d speak and he denied her in #4.  I hadn’t heard that one yet and yikes if true 

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Unfortunately it’s not mine. But that conversation is being had by a lot of people besides us. Hopefully the whole administration is talking about the style of play.

I’m more concerned about him being a **** to other programs.  Can’t we get him out on “hostel” work environment or something.  

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That's the definition of insanity supposedly said by Albert Einstein:  "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

You know what's interesting about the quote Einstein never said it people have misattributed him as having said that. 

I know everybody is upset about losing LM, but I think Woodson is probably relieved.  I don't think he wants to rely on any freshmen getting significant playing time ever again. 

Going forward I'll bet he's going to focus on using the portal to get proven upperclassmen.  Wouldn't surprise me if he does this exclusively and abandons the traditional recruiting approach.

3 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

You know what's interesting about the quote Einstein never said it people have misattributed him as having said that. 

Correct.  It wasn't ever attributed to him until the 1980s, long after his death.  It is said to have first appeared in print in the book "Sudden Death" in 1983 by civil rights activist Rita Mae Brown, although similar versions of the quote appear as early as the 19th century.