Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

35 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Woody, with support from a large number of basketball alums,  wanted the job when we hired Miller. Glass blew him off, which angered those guys, including QB. That was a big error, even if he wasn’t the right guy. Some things linger for years.

With all due respect, we now know Woody was definitely not the right guy.

Well, if you were the captain of the greatest team in CBB history, were then the captain of a gold-medal winning Olympic team and then won an NBA Championship, I’d like your chances of getting the job ok. But, like Quinn, it doesn’t mean you’d do it well. 
What I have learned is alot of great iu players are some of the worst coaches we have ever seen. It never translated in the least.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

This has moved any plans I had for today up to tomorrow, or to Friday or possibly to next spring in April. LOL

Lucky you. I have to cut grass today so I can clean up after my hounds.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Just think another year of " and again I just gotta get these guys to play
Where can I get a gig like Woodson has. Part time job for 4.5 million.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

@KathywithaC guess what tonight will be? Another night where we don’t watch a crap product.  IU BOT, screwing up IU basketball for 20 something years.  

Edited by IUGRAD06

27 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I will back a bit later with some thoughts on this - some work intrudes☹️

Fair enough - I have stuff to do as well.

I just want to understand how those decision-makers can look at what next year would be with Woodson and see that it’s a good thing, especially if the rumors are true that we have a coach we could hire that would be the answer to where Woody isn’t.

Those decision-makers need to understand the damage that could be done just staying pat as they are. This program has been managed badly over the last 20 years or so; making another bad decision could really cripple it for a long, long time.

It’s so sad I find myself concerned that beating 9-9 Minnesota might have real consequences on whether someone continues coaching basketball at IU. It is Indiana and I am internally struggling with actually rooting for losses to mediocre teams. I want to believe we are not crazy and still a blue blood. I want to believe the banners aren’t too dusty. And yet, we are what we are. And we have to root for losses. I hate it. 

7 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Eric the Hysteric being behind the Scooby Doo mask is certainly a take. I find it hard to believe Rabjohns would mortgage years of mostly responsible journalism and access to IU because Eric the Hysteric is ready to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% conspiracy bs. 

Nest year, after a mass exodus of players, IU ends up 5 games under .500 and Woodson will say, given our player situation, it was a good year. And IU will give him an extension.

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does anyone know what is going on today? I actually think today is the day we might get over some kind of hump. I've only been up for 4 hours and it's already been a heck of a ride. We have Kathy, an older poster showed back up, IU plays tonight. Something is in the air

Your wife is out of town....you hitting the crazy drinks already this morning?? hahah Little Kalua or Bourbon in the coffee??

9 minutes ago, Demo said:

Well, if you were the captain of the greatest team in CBB history, were then the captain of a gold-medal winning Olympic team and then won an NBA Championship, I’d like your chances of getting the job ok. But, like Quinn, it doesn’t mean you’d do it well. 

Funny thing: Quinn is tight with MJ. 

Quinn was one of basketball's great leaders. MJ was arguably the greatest player ever. 

Neither can run a "franchise" worth a damn -- so to speak. 

It’s tough trying to raise your kids as IU fans. My 7 year old told me “dad I don’t want to be a Hoosier fan. I want to cheer for Purdue” I of course said no, we’re Hoosiers, but deep down I thought - I don’t blame him. If Mike Woodson is back we may all convert to another team. It’s pathetic 

1 minute ago, ib4iu said:

It’s tough trying to raise your kids as IU fans. My 7 year old told me “dad I don’t want to be a Hoosier fan. I want to cheer for Purdue” I of course said no, we’re Hoosiers, but deep down I thought - I don’t blame him. If Mike Woodson is back we may all convert to another team. It’s pathetic 

in a similar boat...dad why does IU lose so much? LOL ugh

1 minute ago, ib4iu said:

“Of course I said no.” I needed that lol, bravo. I nearly choked on my coffee laughing. 

Cathy Langham attended IU from 1976-1980.  Who else attended IU during those years?  Who did she likely end up idolizing as she watched games those years?  Very similar to Buckner and probably has a friendship with Woody.

It's a direct conflict of interest and likely a breach of fiduciary duties to the University.  People like that need to stay the hell out of athletics.  It is not their wheelhouse.  She's already talked about emotions.  Making decisions based on emotions and not fact and reality is exactly how we got into this flaming dumpster fire in the first place.