Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Rumor is Drew to Louisville also. But some think he is doing that to get more NIL money at Baylor. Just to get our blood flowing even more could you imagine May to OSU and Drew to U of L

I think I'd stroke out on the spot if those news tickers came across my screen, right next to "Indiana gives Woodson nod for 4th year"....

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The handwringing over May possibly ending up elsewhere is really pretty comical.  He is an unproven coach at this level.  Dusty may be enormously successful or he could be like any number of coaches who moved up and flamed out.  That's not saying I oppose him as the next IU coach only that I'm not convinced he's our savior and that him going to another program means we continue to spend time in basketball purgatory.   And maybe it's all for the best he doesn't come to IU if he should fail and we have to fire yet another IU guy.    

I was thinking the same thing... for every one who thinks May to OSU is horrible, there are 1 or 2 who think May to IU is premature... It's like they don't want him here (yet), but fear him going somewhere else...

c'mon, guys, pick a lane.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rumor is Drew to Louisville also. But some think he is doing that to get more NIL money at Baylor. Just to get our blood flowing even more could you imagine May to OSU and Drew to U of L

Do you have any idea if IU has reached out to anyone in Drew's camp?

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Better that than Pearl to UL...

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Do you have any idea if IU has reached out to anyone in Drew's camp?

At one time I had heard we did or were going to. But never heard anything else. The Pearl stuff has just overtaken everything. Everyone is so on Pearl, Dolson could line up Phil Jackson and people wouldn't know.

I do know that the super sub former player who owns a restaurant here in town has been pushing Drew to Dolson. He wants him because he's a "good Christian coach" 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still think Drew can be in play.  I have been to games at Baylor when they were playing against another top 20 team on ESPN and you would think it would be packed. But right before tip the announcer made some Announcement and everyone siting up high moved down to the lower bowl.  Place was probably 1/2 full overall for a nice medium sized arena. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

At one time I had heard we did or were going to. But never heard anything else. The Pearl stuff has just overtaken everything. Everyone is so on Pearl, Dolson could line up Phil Jackson and people wouldn't know.

I do know that the super sub former player who owns a restaurant here in town has been pushing Drew to Dolson. He wants him because he's a "good Christian coach" 

That is Laz.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm surprised a few names haven't leaked if there were that many. I was interested to hear who they were. I'm guessing Brian Evans would be one

Saw Steve Green at the Fishers Fieldhouse this weekend as I do most Saturday's as his grandson and my stepson play on the same basketball team. Didn't talk with him other than in passing but gave me the look as if he didn't know what was happening just yet. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

And then Woody coming back next year. That is what will probably happen if this group of people in charge of hiring (better not say administration) keep their track record in tact. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

I mean Fife was coach in waiting and he was let go lol. I’m sure what happens in that situation is in 8-10 years Pearl retires after about 3 games into the season then his son coaches the rest of the season then you find a new coach

He was never the coach in waiting 

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

And then Woody coming back next year. That is what will probably happen if this group of people in charge of hiring (better not say administration) keep their track record in tact. 

Yeah that was what I was getting at but just couldn't type it. It would make me sick

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I understand freedom of religion and diversity equity and all that jazz but as a Christian - I'd love it. Win at basketball and have a voiceful Christian to lead the program and put up bookoo points would be very satisfying personally. 

Just now, realTomCrean said:

I understand freedom of religion and diversity equity and all that jazz but as a Christian - I'd love it. Win at basketball and have a voiceful Christian to lead the program and put up bookoo points would be very satisfying personally. 

Can you imagine that at IU though.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

"I actually think that Dusty May is the number one choice at both Ohio State and Louisville."

Yup. Because he's 47, his buyout is very reasonable, and because he's really good.

I'll clearly state my opinion again about Dusty May; he's the best-case scenario guy, and that includes if Bruce Pearl were an option. A real chance to get the right guy for 20+ years is worth a slight roll of the dice.

IU needs to be looking at the next 2-3 years instead of the next 20 years. You mess up this next hire and there's potentially no coming back....20 years from now becomes irrelevant.