Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

11 hours ago, Hornsby said:

The staff is still celebrating " Indiana at it's best".

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Under Mike Woodson! See coach wasn’t wrong with his quote!, he just forgot a crucial part! Lol

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Trilly has connections but he's been wrong before. Considering the kick to the balls the last coaching search was it could just end up with a Woodson extension.

I have feeling guys like Trilly just likes to troll our fan base. They know we are gullible and want any kind of info we can get.  He probably puts this out there and watch our fan base and probably laughs his head off to our reaction. It is just like when people said they saw Donovan in Bloomington and we're following vehicles thinking it was him.

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

The chances of Woodson ever coaching Sisley are probably near zero, but I'd like to think he isn't even bothering at this point because he knows he won't be back. 

I think Woodson fully expects to be back. Let’s not forget his quote a short couple of weeks ago…”I’m not going anywhere.” 

6 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I have feeling guts like Trilly just likes to troll our fan base. They know we are gullible and want any kind of info we can get.  He probably puts this out there and watch our fan base and probably laughs his head off to our reaction. It is just like when people said they saw Donovan in Bloomington and we're following vehicles thinking it was him.

At the least we give him clicks.  Using IU fans for self promotion 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I think Woodson fully expects to be back. Let’s not forget his quote a short couple of weeks ago…”I’m not going anywhere.” 

He can take a back seat role for the next coach. Somewhere in an office as far away from the team as possible. Maybe a PE class or something 

4 minutes ago, maharkn said:

He can take a back seat role for the next coach. Somewhere in an office as far away from the team as possible. Maybe a PE class or something 

Maybe the same bldg. @Chris007 is moving into with no access for the public.

10 hours ago, iubhounds2 said:

Old people get tired easier. They feel like going to bed earlier and never sleep well. They lose all interest in wasting time watching high school basketball, something they have not seen in 40 plus years. Thus it is hard for old people to get excited about going to see a recruit and waste time at AAU games in the summer when they have a tee time scheduled.  LOL

I'll respond to your post right after I take my morning nap!   lol

1 hour ago, 94Bulldog said:

This was my last thought last night before falling asleep.   In previous searches the first name that came out in the rumor mill wasn’t who we ended up….

We don’t even have a shred of credible evidence Woodson won’t be here next year. Anything on coaching searches is speculation or something else. I stand by my post from a few days back that “something else” is most likely Pearl or his agent playing games to get a raise or a guarantee his son can take over.   

Honestly, the Pearl thing doesn’t even make any sense anyways. He wouldn’t get much of a raise by jumping ship. He has his program rolling, and the potential to do what he’s never done—win a D1 title. He has his son currently on staff and being at a football school he could actually negotiate him as the successor.  

So why would he spend the last 4-7 years of his career trying to resurrect a dormant Indiana program?  

33 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I have feeling guts like Trilly just likes to troll our fan base. They know we are gullible and want any kind of info we can get.  He probably puts this out there and watch our fan base and probably laughs his head off to our reaction. It is just like when people said they saw Donovan in Bloomington and we're following vehicles thinking it was him.

I think if you’re paying for information and you’re just trolling, that would be bad for business. 

10 hours ago, iubhounds2 said:

I am a bicyclist, ex road racer but not in the Little5. Four years ago I slowed down from 38mph to make a right hand turn onto a bike path. Going around 1mph the rear tire slipped in some sandy rocks and I was down before I could break my fall. Broken femur, shattered hip. New hip by the next morning and home the following afternoon. Riding 25 miles again 41 days after surgery. Yes, I'm proud of myself I guess, sorry to brag. But wanted to let those older people know, don't stop doing what you like ... as you say "old is a state of mind" .... except when it comes to recruiting high school basketball players.  LOL .. joke

Nearly a 76-year old cyclist myself closing in on 70,000 career miles but I'm nowhere near the caliber of rider you are.  I tip my helmet to you.

2 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

I think if you’re paying for information and you’re just trolling, that would be bad for business. 

That’s kinda what I’m thinking/hoping. He could be a trolly Trilly out in the open public on X, but as far as a paid private discord, could be a different story. 

9 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

I admittedly don’t know, but I thought it was # of visits per recruit not just a total number of visits combined for all recruits?  If it’s per recruit, at least my visit tonight will count against Auburn.  

There is a cap on the number of recruiting days in total.  @Uspshoosier is the expert on the subject.

I should have read the entire thread first as our mailman had already responded.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

37 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Please basketball gods, let Trilly's source about Pearl be accurate... please 

Oh I think it's accurate but just remember we don't know what Bruce's intentions are yet. Or Bruce could be feeling like he wants to come to IU and Auburn is going to throw the kitchen sink at him. Both can be true. 

Also, people need to remember Trilly isn't one person, he is multiple people who are well connected in CBB. Maybe a writer, maybe an agent who knows. 

10 minutes ago, str8baller said:

We don’t even have a shred of credible evidence Woodson won’t be here next year. Anything on coaching searches is speculation or something else. I stand by my post from a few days back that “something else” is most likely Pearl or his agent playing games to get a raise or a guarantee his son can take over.   

Honestly, the Pearl thing doesn’t even make any sense anyways. He wouldn’t get much of a raise by jumping ship. He has his program rolling, and the potential to do what he’s never done—win a D1 title. He has his son currently on staff and being at a football school he could actually negotiate him as the successor.  

So why would he spend the last 4-7 years of his career trying to resurrect a dormant Indiana program?  

According to an Auburn board that was linked he wants a basketball only facility, while Auburn shares with volleyball etc, and I think it said he wants a different apparel contract then Under Armor.

Auburn just gave him an extension and raise a couple years ago to make him one of the highest paid SEC coaches.