Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Seeing all you on here saying he will be back is dumb. Iu hasn't imo kept a coach after it was undeniably not going to work. Some will disagree. Both Archie and crean had either really good recruits coming in or a season that could be at the least mildly competitive. It's over for Woodson. Not alot coming in. This season is beyond unsuccessful. The fans in attendance have turned vial. Rest assured imo Woodson is history without some major turnaround. I am confident by our numbers all season that isn't happening.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

If the admin brings Woodson back, this school just isn’t serious about being a basketball power anymore. 3 straight years without a team better than 30 in KenPom and year 3 is the worst non-sanction-years team in like 60 years.

These results wouldnt be good enough at f*cking Arkansas.

2 minutes ago, Truthhurts said:

If the admin brings Woodson back, this school just isn’t serious about being a basketball power anymore. 3 straight years without a team better than 30 in KenPom and year 3 is the worst non-sanction-years team in like 60 years.

These results wouldnt be good enough at f*cking Arkansas.

Hiring Woodson didn't already say that? Take away him playing here over 40 years ago and hiring him would be completely indefensible.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Seeing all you on here saying he will be back is dumb. Iu hasn't imo kept a coach after it was undeniably not going to work. Some will disagree. Both Archie and crean had either really good recruits coming in or a season that could be at the least mildly competitive. It's over for Woodson. Not alot coming in. This season is beyond unsuccessful. The fans in attendance have turned vial. Rest assured imo Woodson is history without some major turnaround. I am confident by our numbers all season that isn't happening.

Well of course your post is 100% true coonhounds. Anyone that thinks the polar opposite is just venting frustration or completely at odds with past events. And saying it over and over (and over!) just makes it really tough to read a thread that is already depressing by nature.

We dumped Crean, Archie, and Allen the very same year that things truly went into the tank. Not one year after, not at the end of a contract.

The flat-out shame has been the bad hires, not a slow trigger for parting ways.

25 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I also don’t know if IU has been put in the position that they are now where donors were calling all of the shots.

6 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

I would fully expect May to take 2-3 years to build up his recruiting chops.  But by year 3 he would have more than one freaking commit.  

You can build up recruiting chops immediately by hiring the right assistants. Judging from the FAU roster, May’s staff already recruits all over the country and even internationally. And the addition of someone like a guy I previously mentioned (Matt Graves) could get May immediately up to speed in terms of in-state recruiting.

Oh well. Still doubt any of it matters, at least in this postseason. Maybe the most we can realistically hope for is that guys like May and Schertz stay put for another year.

30 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Disagree I would argue that Miller showed definitely he wasn’t going to work sooner than Woody

9 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I also don’t know if IU has been put in the position that they are now where donors were calling all of the shots.

With the NIL the donors will have the say everywhere and not just here 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Disagree I would argue that Miller showed definitely he wasn’t going to work sooner than Woody

Didn’t go well the first two for Archie.But then Archie had a relatively good season—the Covid year. When the next year went bad it was bye bye Archie.

I don't doubt he fully expected to win today especially with a PSU starter out and with a win, the heat would die down to a certain degree.  Didn't happen.  Heat's even higher now.
But we are the only ones allowed to say we are down a starter. Cmon man.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Didn’t go well the first two for Archie.But then Archie had a relatively good season—the Covid year. When the next year went bad it was bye bye Archie.

Miller like Woodson had the writing on the wall with recruiting missed and roster construction.  And lack of player development.  

Which further illustrates to me that the bad coaches are a symptom of deeper issues 

Oooh. Oooh, let me answer!  Heck yes!  It’s going to happen and this program will sink even further into that black hole, the B10 might have to kick us out because we aren’t good at football and basketball, lol
Quinn- coach stays I go
Quinn- coach stays

40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well of course your post is 100% true coonhounds. Anyone that thinks the polar opposite is just venting frustration or completely at odds with past events. And saying it over and over (and over!) just makes it really tough to read a thread that is already depressing by nature.

We dumped Crean, Archie, and Allen the very same year that things truly went into the tank. Not one year after, not at the end of a contract.

The flat-out shame has been the bad hires, not a slow trigger for parting ways.

All of this is true... the wild card in this thing is Buckner and the BoT... obviously they would need a donor to step up and pay Woodson to go away, but finding "go away" money hasn't been a problem to date.

But is this train wreck enough to move Buckner? If the answer is "yes", Woodson is gone... if it's not, well, we get "I'm baaaa-aaack!"

All of this is true... the wild card in this thing is Buckner and the BoT... obviously they would need a donor to step up and pay Woodson to go away, but finding "go away" money hasn't been a problem to date.
But is this train wreck enough to move Buckner? If the answer is "yes", Woodson is gone... if it's not, well, we get "I'm baaaa-aaack!"
He'll will get back is my guess. Quinn ain't giving up that easy.

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Trayce, Race and Kopp really masked Woodson’s coaching deficiencies, along with JHS.  Also, what would this team look like with JHS and Bates?

Missouri looks like dog crap with Bates….Bates provides shooting but is still probably a worse defender than anyone IU has.

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Trayce, Race and Kopp really masked Woodson’s coaching deficiencies, along with JHS.  Also, what would this team look like with JHS and Bates?

Trayce and Race  were gone until CMW convinced them to stay. Doubt if JHS would have been a Hoosier if Woody wasn’t the coach 

Edited by steubenhoosier