Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, hper50 said:

https://x.com/z10nbr0wn/status/1762608012756185117?s=46

Alright. (Potentially) one excuse off the board!

Was going to say even before seeing this that how IU plays if/when X is back can bolster or strike one of Coach’s favorite excuses.

I don’t think it holds much water, but if he plays and things keep sliding, it sure gets harder for the defenders

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

No I am not. These things scare me so much because so much has to happen. And with this one it has more working parts than the past few. But on the other hand, I love coaching changes. It brings hope. 

I agree with this. But it stinks that IUBB sucks again. We've had more down seasons the past 10 years than good and that's not any fun. The most fun I've had with both football and basketball outside of a few seasons here and there are the coaching rumors. Finally I think IUFB is in good hands. IUBB is a different monster and it's time to hire someone who knows how to win and handle the rigors of a big time program warts and all. 

12 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Imagine actually being able to get Bruce Pearl but passing it up and sticking with woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

That should be a fireable offense and an immediate involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I read that and they are correct!  Take responsibility for bad roster construction.  Admit that you f’d up by not signing a point guard and a shooting guard and he should have never signed either Walker or Sparks, perhaps both

1 minute ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

So what will be the excuse after this game?

IMG_4532.png

X being rusty!  Even if he wasn’t, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference.  Woodson has made such a big deal that X being out hurt this team’s capabilities to win games.  He isn’t a game changer, not even close.  I think he really sucks

What is sad is that it is game day a nobody cares, instead we are talking about new coaches even though we don't have an opening.

I am afraid that we all are going to be all very upset and disappointed when Woodson is back next year. Hope I am wrong because this thread will get to 2 thousand pages before next March

With Woodson, it’s always “the finger points at me” BUT… there’s always a BUT that attempted to soften the blow to HIS ego, HIS efforts, HIS coaching. This article finally says what many of us have been saying since last spring when Woodson built such a patheticly constructed roster.

51 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I think what would be most exciting about a pearl hire is that is a serious name with serious cache. Pulling someone like Pearl from Auburn would show the kind of program power we all believe is lurking beneath the surface in spite of what our rivals say about dusty banners. I’d be excited with May, really anyone other than Woody, but poaching a coach like Pearl would instantly make IU front page news nationally. 

True. Nothing projects power like buying a programs GOAT 

22 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

X being rusty!  Even if he wasn’t, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference.  Woodson has made such a big deal that X being out hurt this team’s capabilities to win games.  He isn’t a game changer, not even close.  I think he really sucks

Not a big Johnson fan, and even less of a fan of the lack of accountability for his actions, but I wouldn't go that far. He can be very good and win you the game, he can also be so horrendous you'd think he was being paid to throw the game. You don't know what you're going to get; his median, if someone as inconsistent as him has one, isn't very good.