Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Angry Orchards are gluten free, I believe.

That’s a ticket on the express train to the Freshman 50. They are DELISH though. 

On 4/4/2024 at 10:21 AM, Home Jersey said:

So today is the start of the dead period, which runs until the 11th. I assume no commits this week.

When the dead period is over, we'll be coming up on 4 weeks that the portal has been open. Nothing to show for it yet. Deadline for undergrads to enter of May 1, so after the dead period, 2.5 weeks left for any late entries that can be convinced to portal. Then another dead period from May 16-24. From there, it would be only graduates entering the portal + whoever remains uncommitted. 

You'd hope we land some commitments during that 2.5 weeks before the May 1 undergrad entry deadline, since "we have better connection$ thi$ year in the portal" and what not. I'd personally like to have at least 11 slots filled before that May 16 dead period starts, maybe 10, if the staff truly has someone on another team's roster they're trying to lure into the portal (other than Conwell, I doubt it).

Round out the roster with a graduate and a project. Field a full 13. I've seen talk about them likely only using 12 again... if so, would be almost shocking to me the staff hasn't learned that lesson based on this past year. I really don't want us to end up in a situation where we've got multiple guys coming in later than the rest of the group/after summer classes wrap up at other schools. 

Maybe we’re hoping to get future credit for an NCAA rule violation by self imposing a scholarship ban - and then looking to double down by imposing it again a 2nd year in a row- so the violation can be a really bad one, or cover a multitude of things. Also, same reason we declined an embarrassing NIT bid…pre-violation post season ban to bank for the future!  Y’all just don’t get it, Dolly is totally playing 3D chess with this stuff. Pam and Quinn should extend him and give him a major raise like w/Woody last year. And now, we’ll be able to do some real nasty stuff to get ahead and have pre-paid the consequences!!

I know, I know…the new rules are there are no rules…but, just in case, we’ll certainly be top 5 Kenpom in banked credit. Our athletic dept leadership team is def top notch!

6 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

It still makes me laugh that some in the younger crowd think, and are being marketed to, that PBR is a premium beer.

You may not think it's great, but "true" beer fans know that it does its job!

7 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm not a doctor and generally don't know **** about **** (for all my Ozark fans out there), but I believe Claws are brewed the same way as beer, if that has anything to do with his allergies, you might want to check on that before Chris Jr. dives in!

Not knowing **** about **** is my favorite thing to accuse somebody of, deserved or not. Top 5 TV line of all time? Who could know? If you’re not on beers, check out these new THC infused drinks. They keep figuring out new loopholes in the Ag bill and many have the real deal in ‘em. I call it elbow sauce. Have one and try to tell me you disagree with the name. 

First party of Sr yr in high school, my dad was hot on Zima at the time and allowed me take his 6 pack. Gave me a tip about how flavorful adding a bit of peach schnapps to it was.  Problem was our buyer got me peach brandy but warned me to only add a cap full into a bottle.  Pretty tasty, and I began adding more and more until I was basically taking a swig of the brandy for every swig of zima. Was a brutal ending about an hour later, and a long painful morning the next day.  

FIRE MIKE WOODSON

Zima with skittles...wtf is wrong with all of you? Also from my college day experience Steel Reserve should be safe as I'm fairly certain it was 100% alcohol (I'm kidding don't let your kid drink it with allergies). I'm not kidding though that it may very well have been pure alcohol. 

Zima with skittles...wtf is wrong with all of you? Also from my college day experience Steel Reserve should be safe as I'm fairly certain it was 100% alcohol (I'm kidding don't let your kid drink it with allergies). I'm not kidding though that it may very well have been pure alcohol. 

I thought it was Jolly Ranchers

Learned a lot while on vacation in Portugal last September.  Learned that Port Wine actually is wine infused with significant amounts of brandy.  Historically, before refrigeration, wine possibly would go bad when shipped on old sailing vessels (or Man-o-Wars). To preserve the wine, they added around 20% brandy.    One does not drink port.  One sips.  

Also learned that possibly 90% of the world's cork is harvested from trees in Portugal.

Portugal got it's name from the cities/regions on both sides of the Duomo River. Originally these had the Roman-Celtic names: Portus Cale and the Vila Nova del Gaia.  Shortened through time to Porto and Gaia.  So ships replenished their wine and port in the excellent sheltered havens of (combine Porto/Gaia) Portugal.  I bet that happened after drinking a lot of it.  

Back in college, after sipping Boone's Farm Strawberry Fields or Passion Pink or downing a couple of Schlitz Malt Liquor ...  We tried some rose wines including Mateus.  Remember those neatly shaped bottles would hold a candle and the drips were fun to watch late at night...  The label had a sketch of a really interesting estate.  That label and it's rose wines had become a worldwide success and icon.

We toured that estate while in Portugal wine country.  Casa de Mateus | Trás-os-Montes, Portugal | Attractions - Lonely Planet

21 hours ago, Chris007 said:

He's allergic to wheat which beer has, but most hard seltzers do not which is why I think white claw is OK. 

There are some beers out there that are gluten free as well as hard ciders. One of my Xs was allergic and she use to drink this.

IMG_4649.png