Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So the National title game we have two bad options.  Our rival or a team that is quickly pushing us down the "special historic" program list.  Awesome

Option 2. The morons in charge at IU have been pushing down us that list for a while.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

UConn already has, imo. Their past 25 years have been remarkable. Since IU’s last title, UConn has gone to 12 elite eights, 7 final fours, and won 5 titles. Could be 6 after Monday. Really is wild what they’ve accomplished over the past 30 or so years. 

Further proof that Indiana is no longer Indiana. 

Interesting that no one was anywhere near this upset until Purdue started kicking the whole nation @$$ this year.

Is it Indiana’s meh season, or is it Zach Edey, the two-time national player of the year causing our rival to catch lightning in a bottle?

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Interesting that no one was anywhere near this upset until Purdue started kicking the whole nation @$$ this year.

Is it Indiana’s meh season, or is it Zach Edey, the two-time national player of the year causing our rival to catch lightning in a bottle?

Nah…I have been for a while (at least since the Crean era) but definitely this season, for sure. I suspect it is just Purdue’s, and to a lesser extent Uconns, success that makes people reflective again.  

You can only beat that dead horse so much, but seeing Purdue advance is like possibly seeing a glint in that pathetic horse’s eye…better bring back out the whooping stick. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

UConn already has, imo. Their past 25 years have been remarkable. Since IU’s last title, UConn has gone to 12 elite eights, 7 final fours, and won 5 titles. Could be 6 after Monday. Really is wild what they’ve accomplished over the past 30 or so years. 

I think I should of been a UConn fan the last 30 years.

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think people are just fed up and have been apathetic for a while. Maybe the difference this time is Purdue playing for a title while the administration does nothing. Michigan wins a football title, OSU responds in a massive way. IU admin seems non-responsive. Fans wonder what they're supporting anymore and why... People are jaded because their expectations are not where they want them to be and hope is, by and large, in the gutter. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My displeasure has nothing to do with Purdue. I’m pissed because IU is staying the course with Woody. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They've also done so without Duke and Kentucky levels of OAD talent. They've certainly had talent but it's more like top 50 or top 100 type talent that tends to stick around longer. It's mostly just been good coaching with one hot run with the previous HOF coach's players (similar to Mike Davis except winning the last game).

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

What Purdue or anyone else is doing does not even factor into my wanting Woodson gone. I want IU to be consistently be a top 25 team that makes the tournament (NCAA, not the B1G) pretty much every year with a decent seed, with occasional great teams that have a legitimate  chance at a NC.

Woodson is definitely not the coach who can do that.

20 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I think people are just fed up and have been apathetic for a while. Maybe the difference this time is Purdue playing for a title while the administration does nothing. Michigan wins a football title, OSU responds in a massive way. IU admin seems non-responsive. Fans wonder what they're supporting anymore and why... People are jaded because their expectations are not where they want them to be and hope is, by and large, in the gutter. 

Apathy is the right word. IU is a bottom tier sports program. There are exactly two sports that the majority of people care about and IU sucks in both. Hopefully Cig raises the bar. But IU is just not relevant on a national sports scale. And cue the people saying how IU is great at some minor sport. 

6 minutes ago, Papacap said:

Apathy is the right word. IU is a bottom tier sports program. There are exactly two sports that the majority of people care about and IU sucks in both. Hopefully Cig raises the bar. But IU is just not relevant on a national sports scale. And cue the people saying how IU is great at some minor sport. 

I'm still waiting on #9 in soccer.  It's been a while. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

With Indiana at its current state, we had no right to reject the NIT. 

Mostly likely IU would not had a full squad to play. Gallo was scheduled for surgery, I doubt that Ware wanted to take a chance on injury to play in the NIT with his draft status. Two others were transferring and IU had a coach that was just tired of this team and this season. I am only guessing but most were just tired of the season and getting their ***** kicked, especially after that last Nebraska blowout. A coach doesn't get a 2nd T and kicked out of the game with ~4 minutes to go, if you are interested in coaching after that game in the NIT.

Edited by IH8PU