Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Do you fail to see how it’s all connected? I don’t care who he recruits because I’m tired of winning the offseason every offseason to turn around and be mediocre at best when the season gets here. I don’t care to puff my chest in April about a “top 5 portal class.” That’s meaningless. What matters is what that class does when the season gets here. And what that class can accomplish is hindered by the coach in charge. Best case scenario is Woodson buys enough talented mercenaries that even he can’t screw things up. But that’s unlikely. Most likely outcome is he puts together another mediocre season, sneaks into the tournament, loses the first week, and then gets extended because it’s Indiana and 3 out of 4 tournaments is a big accomplishment now. 

I absolutely fail to see how golfing on a Sunday morning in April (while the current season is still ongoing) is tied to the success/failure of a season that starts 7 months from now. During a dead recruiting week no less. 

And if you don’t care about portal success, why go out of your way to try and bring optics into a situation that doesn’t exist in regards to recruiting, that again aren’t in play because it is a dead recruiting week? 

Again, nobody likes a whiner. 

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I absolutely fail to see how golfing on a Sunday morning in April (while the current season is still ongoing) is tied to the success/failure of a season that starts 7 months from now. During a dead recruiting week no less. 

And if you don’t care about portal success, why go out of your way to try and bring optics into a situation that doesn’t exist in regards to recruiting, that again aren’t in play because it is a dead recruiting week? 

uhhhhh you've been whining yourself there buddy. Why don't we just talk substance instead of making declarative statements about others?

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I mean, you started this all by whining about a poster posting “L.O.L.” with a tweet of Woodson golfing. 

IMG_9014.jpeg.bfa240499c5aaa31cf1fafb3cf912c39.jpeg

If we can’t have a laugh about that when we’re stuck with a crappy coach while Purdue is playing for a NC, what can we laugh at? 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I mean, you started this all by whining about a poster posting “L.O.L.” with a tweet of Woodson golfing. 

IMG_9014.jpeg.bfa240499c5aaa31cf1fafb3cf912c39.jpeg

If we can’t have a laugh about that when we’re stuck with a crappy coach while Purdue is playing for a NC, what can we laugh at? 

Was simply inquiring as to what was so funny about golfing at a coaching convention during a dead period? You yourself said you didn’t care so not sure why it bothers you? 

7 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

uhhhhh you've been whining yourself there buddy. Why don't we just talk substance instead of making declarative statements about others?

I’ve done nothing but provide context. Keep in mind that I don’t have an agenda or narrative to push.

I will say IU SHOULD have a top 5 portal class with its resources and openings. No brainer.

We have top 10 resources that seem to be recently juiced to help Woodson succeed.

We got 1 recruit vs Duke/Kentucky and some others who have 6 person recruiting classes. Our class is our portal.

A good measuring stick is, do we build a top 25 preseason team and do we finish there? That’s the measuring stick to me as a top 10 spender. Portal rankings by themselves me nothing in isolation.

And then due to Woodson underachieving expectations 3 seasons in a row he now must prove he can equal or best expectations.

Woodson has done this to himself. At least I’m glad we have the NIL to be competitive because without it hope would be as low as I can ever remember. With it, who knows, let’s see what they put together.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Was simply inquiring as to what was so funny about golfing at a coaching convention during a dead period? You yourself said you didn’t care so not sure why it bothers you? 

You told the poster who posted it to grow up lol. Your very first post on the subject. That’s “simply inquiring”?

Why does it bother you so much that it bothers him???? 

i am straight up too stoned to follow this conversation, but I’m enjoying lol, Fire Coach Woodson and junk. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You told the poster who posted it to grow up lol. Your very first post on the subject. That’s “simply inquiring”?

Of course. Driving home a false narrative is immature. That same poster doubled down on it.

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I’ve done nothing but provide context. Keep in mind that I don’t have an agenda or narrative to push.

You just called someone a whiner. The only people who do that are one whiners or people who try debase someone to elevate their own opinions. Just to stick to the logic. Full disclosure, I can see valid points in both arguments. 

Just now, Banksyrules said:

You just called someone a whiner. The only people who do that are one whiners or people who try debase someone to elevate their own opinions. Just to stick to the logic. Full disclosure, I can see valid points in both arguments. 

This entire thread is a whine fest lol, what else you call it? 

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

This entire thread is a whine fest lol, what else you call it? 

Quite frankly, you're trying to play the " I'm more mightier and knowledgable than thou" card. It's quite rude. Honestly don't how you expect to change minds with that approach. Unless of course you're just here to whin......

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Quite frankly, you're trying to play the " I'm more mightier and knowledgable than thou" card. It's quite rude. Honestly don't how you expect to change minds with that approach. Unless of course you're just here to whin......

Also a newer acct. could be another burner. 

1 minute ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

But what if he gets hit and develops super coaching powers? 

My first thought,  too, but I may have watched one too many sports comedies. 

But just to play it out, he develops coaching powers and wins the big ten. In the tourney we cruise to the final four.  Final Four is in Texas,  warm weather... hey why not go golfing Woody says to himself.  BOOM... he is hit in the head again reversing the process and returning Woody to his original mediocre coaching state.  Hilarity ensues as he tries to fake his way through Final Four week. "3 pointers...what are those? " Woody exclaims in exasperation at the media avail when asked about his top shooting regular season squad.  

Does IU win its sixth championship? Does it really even matter if we learn valuable lessons along the way about friendship,  team work, and yelling "fore" on a banana slice from the tee box?  

I'm crowd sourcing the title of this masterpiece to you guys.  I got nuthin... 

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m not doing anything other than providing context. Anyone who thinks Woodson neglected his coaching duties by golfing this morning fail to understand that:

a) it’s a recruiting dead period

b) he’s at a national coaching convention with 5,000 other coaches

c) playing a 4 hour round at 8am on a Sunday with A and B in play has zero impact on a season that starts 7 months from now.

Either that are posters are being purposely obtuse, which at this point, is starting to make more sense.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t care about context in the Fire Mike Woodson thread. I’m here to complain about Mike Woodson until we fire Mike Woodson. 

And not one person is stopping you.