Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Loyer played his High School ball at Homestead in Fort Wayne. Might have been born in Michigan.

Furst didn’t play tonight, did he?

His fall in playing time is about as bad as Connor Essegian.

He’s schooling for Med school so he might not care, but he can really play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Loyer actually played 2 years in Michigan, and 2 years at Homestead.

19 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

No doubt. Painter Is a GREAT COACH. Lately he’s been getting extra cocky, but I guess he’s earned that. Edey definitely elevated them but he’s been really good with a lot of guys not named Edey.

Call me crazy but Purdue is going to beat UConn too, I’ve been on this for a while.

No they are not!  You shut your mouth!  X

I just put the whammy on them ;)

Loyer played his High School ball at Homestead in Fort Wayne. Might have been born in Michigan.

Furst didn’t play tonight, did he?

His fall in playing time is about as bad as Connor Essegian.

He’s schooling for Med school so he might not care, but he can really play.

FWIW, I’ve never been a huge get Indiana kids guy. I’m still not. But I’m a systems guy and I haven’t enjoyed Indiana basketball for about 10 years or so.

TJD gave enough he was a human highlight reel. That was fun.

I want an fast paced modern offense so badly. A transition offense. A shoot early shot if it’s a good shot offense.

41 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

No better indiana guys with better culture and development. The bad guards for purdue are playing with heart and playing skilled basketball. The team is together and playing as one. Iu hasn't had that in a long time. Probably when davis first two years. Development and culture we suck balls at

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Ummm.. Smith got exposed tonight. Put him up against athletic guards and he wilts. As many turnovers as assists for most of the game and he didn’t score until it didn’t matter 

Three of Purdue’s starters and four of their top eight guys are Indiana kids. They’re playing for a national championship Monday night. Meanwhile we’ll be trotting out a team of mercenaries from who knows where with ncaa tournament appearance aspirations. IU and Purdue are really in completely different worlds as programs. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Three of Purdue’s starters and four of their top eight guys are Indiana kids. They’re playing for a national championship Monday night. Meanwhile we’ll be trotting out a team of mercenaries from who knows where with ncaa tournament appearance aspirations. IU and Purdue are really in completely different worlds as programs. 

Take away Edey and they are Nebraska. 

The total would not be the sum of the parts 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU and Purdue are really in completely different worlds as programs. 

Purdue has a nice run going but nothing historic. The defining factor is how God awful IU is. You have to almost try to be as bad as IU has been.  UCLA is a grease fire hiring people like Steve Alford and Lavin and still has made four F4's this century.   

IU is run by the dumbest people imaginable.  Sad but true. 

Just now, steubenhoosier said:

Dumb.  Take away Michael Jordan and the Bulls were a mediocre playoff team.  This is stupid.  They have Edey and they are playing for a National title Monday night.  So you can save the Smith criticism and the "Well if they didn't have Edey" nonsense.

Enjoy Woodson next year.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Dumb.  Take away Michael Jordan and the Bulls were a mediocre playoff team.  This is stupid.  They have Edey and they are playing for a National title Monday night.  So you can save the Smith criticism and the "Well if they didn't have Edey" nonsense.

Enjoy Woodson next year.

Dumb. Smith was exposed.

what does Woodson have to do with this conversation?

Dumb

1 hour ago, Trish said:

Let me get this straight. 

Painter can win with a bunch of Indiana guys while Woodson can’t do it? He can’t even land Indiana guys. 

Does that not scream something to Dolson? 

Pathetic. 

Painter is a good coach, Woodson is not. It doesn't matter where the players are from, Painter will still be a better coach than Woodson.

Painter has a system and culture that he recruits for. Woodson just cares about stars without thought of fit.

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Painter is a good coach, Woodson is not. It doesn't matter where the players are from, Painter will still be a better coach than Woodson.

Painter has a system and culture that he recruits for. Woodson just cares about stars without thought of fit.

Woodson never had to build a roster himself and was semi retired when he was hired.

IU is run by colossal idiots.

28 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Ok but they do have Edey and they’re playing for a NC Monday night. Something IU hasn’t done in 20+ years. If they win Monday night it’s not going to come with a 7’4 asterisk. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Ok but they do have Edey and they’re playing for a NC Monday night. Something IU hasn’t done in 20+ years. If they win Monday night it’s not going to come with a 7’4 asterisk. 

If they win Monday night then still…

1<5

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

If they win Monday night then still…

1<5

Sure, but the youngest of those 5 is 37 years old, and it’s not getting any younger. You ask how this has anything to do with Woodson… It’s simple. Our biggest rival is playing for a national championship while our program is a laughingstock led by a clueless coach. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sure, but the youngest of those 5 is 37 years old, and it’s not getting any younger. You ask how this has anything to do with Woodson… It’s simple. Our biggest rival is playing for a national championship while our program is a laughingstock led by a clueless coach. 

Fine. 

But that’s not how the conversation went.