Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

The fau game result wouldn't impact my opinion but it is discouraging that they had 20 plus turnovers and no energy

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Personally i never let a single elimination tourney sway my opinion one way or the other. They’re just too random. You don’t hire dusty just because he went to a final four last year just like you shouldn’t let today’s result dissuade you from hiring him if he is the guy. I personally had questions all year because they returned everyone and didn’t get better and their defense was really bad but i was still willing to give him a chance because anything’s better than Mike. Looks like we won’t get that chance though. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is why I was against Dusty (more so against hiring mid-major coaches off one good year). Anything can happen in a single-elimination tournament. He had a great year last season but he’s still a big risk of a hire. We’ll see how he does at Louisville. 

Isn’t “Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament” logically a good reason to not judge a coach on single elimination tournament results? If a final four run can be chalked up to “anything can happen” so can a first round exit. Bill self has 2 first round exits and 7 (likely 8 tomorrow) 2nd round exits on his resume. Anything can happen. 

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I’m not at all worried. A one hit wonder will emerge in this tournament that we can hire next year. No problem. Happens every year.

Well, that’s a relief.  I look forward to reading “flavor of the month” in 10,000 posts next spring.

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

I would strongly consider it -- worth a sit down.  He'd need to check the "adaptability" boxes for me.  But given what he has done at NW is pretty interesting -- things they have NEVER done, EVER.  Don't under estimate the roster restrictions he's under, plus now the transfer issues.  He would have neither at IU.  Sure he doesn't have the track record of a Pearl.  He's kind of the in between of the mid-major flavor of the year and the zero risk successful P5 coach (who I don't think we can get).  I am not sure he would leave though -- it's home and they are treating him well.  

He coached under K as well 

16 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

So are we still rooting for Yale, or is there no way that Pearl is coming this year? @JerryYeagley23 & @Chris007, I am looking to you.

I don’t have the answer but they have to be better if Yale wins. So I’m rooting for them. 

20 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

So are we still rooting for Yale, or is there no way that Pearl is coming this year? @JerryYeagley23 & @Chris007, I am looking to you.

I’m under the impression we have our coach for next season. I know others have gotten different information but everything I’ve heard is root for us to get good players in the portal.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m under the impression we have our coach for next season. I know others have gotten different information but everything I’ve heard is root for us to get good players in the portal.

Stop the back talk or else.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

It was an 8-9 matchup. It was going to be a close game. 

70% of 8/9 matchups the last 5 years were double digit affairs. 7 of those were 20+ blowouts. They usually are not close games.

my original comment was not meant to slight Dusty, heck I’m a big Dusty fan. I was just trying to poke our neighbors down south a little bit. 

Now you eat your edible, I’ll eat mine, and we’ll sit back and enjoy the purdoo’s faceplanting again tonight:)

6 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

I don't understand why people think Shrews would leave ND after he gets them going, if he does next year. Would not only IU's history or is the B1G the attraction? I don't think Shrews would leave ND for IU anytime.

Someone better than I would know but I feel like I’ve heard that shrews would leave notre dame for us. We’re generally a better job and it’s probably easier to win here without some of the academic restrictions. I could very well be wrong though. 

Just now, iubhounds2 said:

sounds right and I also remember now since my brain cells are aligned, that he would want the IU job. Makes you wonder then why he took the ND job so soon.

I know he’s from Indiana plus he got a nice raise. Penn state was also losing basically their entire team from last year

Grow a pair and do what it takes Scotty…beam up Bruce!!! 

Loudly expose any naysayers…let them know you’re going to fight it loud, publicly and proud! Show that you have the leadership and are willing to lay down for doing what’s right to win, not what supports ‘optics’ to appease connected old timers. Your legacy depends on it!!