Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Miller coached at a school you could win at not FAU. That’s the difference. Dusty is not Archie. We’re about to see At Louisville 

We don’t know the difference- that could be why we’re about to see. Bottom line, i’m not interested in another roll of the dice

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Agree somewhat. But Dusty hasn’t really proven anything and he seems to be the darling of the board.

One run in the tournament is not enough to make him the guy 

I love Dusty because we were friends at IU. But I understand what you’re saying. But he’ had a plan at FAU, he lives basketball and he not antisocial like Archie. Plus I like his style. But he’s not a sure thing and understand concerns

3 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Big Ten was not good this year… This tourney is showing how down it was. IU has major ground to make to catch up to get back to even like a 6 seed.

Aren’t we 5-1 so far?

1 hour ago, Deserthoozier said:

Agree! Is there really still anything that qualifies as NCAA rules ‘baggage’ anymore?

UNC - fake classes for 20 years -lawyered up, zero penalty. Dean and Roy HOF coaches lauded by everyone. Nike has been kicking them EYBL players and related $$$ since the club league existed.

KU - payed top $$$ for talent, for like ever — completely exposed and in cahoots w/triple stripe, lawyered up won. Assistant pays a fine, or went to jail. Where has triple stripe been landing us some dudes if we’re one of their best? ok don’t answer, but it certainly wasn’t close to what they did for KU). KU literally then sued  adidas for ‘tampering’ and a month latter adidas re-signed them w/ over $100M contract. lol! Multiple sexual assault charges in the bball dorm, multiple yrs - swept under the rug. Self = HOF and lauded as one of the greatest.

MSU - Izzo buried a bunch of sexual assault/rape charges - certainly was competitive in the pre-NIL $$. Lauded as Mr. March and the best in the Big. Future HOF.

Duke - systemically best institutional hidden under the table pay for play school in history (ok UK and KU arguably right there). K - viewed as Mr. clean, lauded as best coach ever.

Alabama - Brandon Miller was textbook definition of accessory to MURDER ffs!! Teammate texted him along the lines of  ‘things are getting hot, bring me my joint,  there’s one in the chamber’. He drove the gun to the scene where his teammate grabbed it and killed a young mom. Tuscaloosa PD gave him a pass - no charges — Nate Oats didn’t sit him a single game..explained it as ‘wrong place, wrong time’. miller 2nd pick in draft, Oats viewed as one of the top 5 coaches in the country.

Could fill 1000 pages with sooo many other examples. 

The real NCAA rules are aggressively fight any charges, privately, publicly and all around - run out the clock and or create enough pressure to for them to give up..or in the worst case take a penalty - typically only pulling coach for a cupcake game or two. 

Do I like, or even respect this? Absolutely not! But, it’s the pragmatics of being successful in college (really professional) sports.

Pearl had an unauthorized bbq, and had the rifleman mildly involved in the fbi scandal I think. Child’s play. He’s not my #1, but he’s pretty good and I’d take almost anything over having to suffer through Woody’s system, attitude , ineptitude and excuses for another year watching the program further burn. Also realize the chance a change is made is negligible.

Oh yeah - fire Mike Woodson. 

But none of this matters. We’re not UNC or thank God MSU, or KU etc. it’s IU. You don’t have to agree with the administration (I don’t), but hey, you’re not making any decisions for IU.

UNC - entirely fake classes, a gross embarrassment. We dont have to be and absolutely shouldn’t be like UNC as a “program”. But of course the administration needs to change— that doesn’t mean it has or that there is any actual sign IU would hire Peal. I’m not into fantasy

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think if we’re in this position next season I would take a look at Bryce Drew. He recruited well at Vandy, plus has our NIL

Bryce Drew would be solid. I think he could recruit the state. Maybe just because I’m so desperate for scoring If Pat Kelsey doesn’t leave Charleston and has 1 more good year I think he would be interesting.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I laugh too but his dad was a Hall of Fame coach and so his brother. Maybe he took a bad job too early like Vanderbilt. 

Oh I know. I know for a fact the guy can coach I just remember that being one of the things he tried selling to Romeo 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think if we’re in this position next season I would take a look at Bryce Drew. He recruited well at Vandy, plus has our NIL

I'm a big fan. He's doing a really good job at Grand Canyon.

I found a magic lamp on the beach and rubbed it. A genie came out and told me I could go back and trade the meaningless late season winning streak for being on our way to a new coach if I wanted to. I’m just not sure what to do….mostly because I’m not sure anymore if I’m a true fan or not.

Note: I understood and appreciated the different perspectives on supporting the team and the players and not rooting against them. Not intending to restart that debate. Just musing.

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No way, man... Bryce Drew is ours! #LopesUp. :D :D 

40 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Plus he runs NBA practices or something like that 

Maybe he did ok. Seemed to serve Garland well enough through the 5 college games he got to play lol.

Screw it. Bryce Drew, pick up the phone.

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

This has been really comical to me. The angst, the gnashing of teeth, the doomsday predictions. On top of that, the trashing of legendary IU basketball players who have done the work to actually accomplish something. Let's start with Quinn Buckner. He was the point guard on the last undefeated national championship team. Arguably the best college basketball team ever. Nothing but respect from me. I've seen shots taken at I. Thomas. One of the best point guards ever and the reason that '81 banner is hanging in Assembly Hall. Maybe CMW is not the guy who brings IU back to national prominence. But he was an outstanding player and he deserves respect for that. I truly don't understand the mentality of fans in the social media era. Admittedly, I'm one of the old guys. I go back to Branch McCracken. I've seen IU basketball at best and at its worst. If we ever want to right this ship, it needs to start with respecting those who built the legacy, not making fun of them. CBK was lightning in a bottle. We've been though several coaches since and none have measured up to our standards. Maybe the problem is us. Just my unsolicited opinion. Flame away, at this point I don't care.

Is Branch McCracken still available? I would suggest that digging him up and propping him up on a folding chair right now might make give IU a more vigorous and effective coach than CMW at this point. 

The fact that Woody was an effective player for IU 40+ years ago is completely irrelevant. He's an ineffective, completely inexperienced (for college), geriatric, seemingly lazy and egocentric college coach.