Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

20 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Best part of the internet is that what you type doesn’t go away.

8A832291-2BA0-4189-B849-7CDC0013F4A4.jpeg

6CFD51EA-EDD7-4B68-A8DD-823F36397100.jpeg

B5A8D5C9-75C6-4074-9BBF-516B754A09E8.jpeg

9 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Laughed at what? Playing golf on a Sunday morning at the F4 during a recruiting dead period at a national coaching convention that he was possibly contractually obligated to attend?

If that’s humor, I suggest you get out more and live a little.

8 hours ago, AH1971 said:

He’s literally at a national coaching convention that over 5,000 coaches from all levels of basketball attend. It takes place this time of year, every single year, because it signals the conclusion of the season and precisely why this dead period exists.

Every big wig in D1 basketball is in Phoenix right now and anyone even remotely interested in golf is golfing this weekend. It should be noted that Woodson is likely contractually obligated to attend this event. There’s absolutely zero optics behind this unless you’re hellbent on pushing some kind of narrative. It is an absolute nothing burger.

6 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Do we forget that within 96 hours of Woodson leaving for the NABC convention, he:

-landed a 5* recruit

-convinced the Co-B10 FOY to return without even testing the waters

-inked visits from 3 top 50 portal players including the #1 PG

But he golfed on a Sunday morning. The absolute horror!!!

I love how you conveniently glossed over these posts….but narratives.

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I love how you conveniently glossed over these posts….but narratives.

Jesus, you said you didn’t say it and I provided your exact posts that shows you did.

yes, per your post above, you did flip flop a few times, but you did say those things 

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Jesus, you said you didn’t say it and I provided your exact posts that shows you did.

yes, per your post above, you did flip flop a few times, but you did say those things 

Imagine getting caught up in verbiage as some kind of “gotcha” moment that isn’t at all what you think it is. Regardless if he’s obligated to attend or not, everybody goes to this event. Scott Drew is there. Mark Few. So is Kelvin Sampson, so is Bruce Pearl. Brian Dutcher, Sean Miller, Dana Altman, etc

If you want to die on this hill that playing golf at some well attended coaching convention at the F4 is some mortal sin…..be my guest. I’m not stopping you.

What in the actual F is going on lol, now that’s interesting. The Tyson chicken machine going brrrr. 

Edit: this is not going to help us in the transfer portal. Arkansas has 2 occupied roster spots. 

6 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Imagine getting caught up in verbiage as some kind of “gotcha” moment that isn’t at all what you think it is. Regardless if he’s obligated to attend or not, everybody goes to this event. Scott Drew is there. Mark Few. So is Kelvin Sampson, so is Bruce Pearl. Brian Dutcher, Sean Miller, Dana Altman, etc

If you want to die on this hill that playing golf at some well attended coaching convention at the F4 is some mortal sin…..be my guest. I’m not stopping you.

Good God, what would it look like when you are trying to stop someone from having a differing opinion.

oh....and all those other coaches you mentioned made the tournament, are ultra successful at their job, and don't have 6 empty roster spots or have the reputation as lazy recruiters. Other than that they are exactly the same as Woodrow.

Sounds like someone we unfortunately know. 

he couldn't have been too surprised - refusing to go to post game shows after losses and shunning anyone that criticized him. He had zero relationship with the AD.

he hired assistants who couldn't develop players or teach fundamentals, and he surrounded himself by yes men who insulated from the world outside.

He knew the anger was out there.”

10 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Rice will be a 22 year old RS sophomore, Hickman a 22 year old senior, Humrichous a 22 year old senior, someone like Amari Williams would be a 23 year old super senior, and then Carlyle obviously a 20 year old sophomore. Throw in Galloway, Reneau, etc and there’s nothing young about that roster.

"We're young" was the excuse Woodson used all last season to "explain" why he was a crappy coach.

10 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Actually they can’t meet in person (schedule campus visit or perform in home visit) during the ‘dead’ period, but they absolutely can, and do, still communicate and recruit via phone, text, etc. 

I think folks are trying to explain that you’re completely missing the point…things got ‘shut down’ so the coaching staff could focus on portaling — and $6M was put up for them to do such. Thus far, ZERO results…while teams known to successfully portal already had guys lined up day 1 (oats alabama, Sampson Houston, drew Baylor) and appear to have been working all season on ‘portal scouting and relationship building’ many while still making substantial tournament runs.

Meanwhile, our top recruit who was the closest to filling the gapping roster hole we have (outside shooting) de-committed - rumored at least in part due to head coach lack of continued communication & connection.  I’m sure using, and then publicly standing firm on an antiquated system…‘inside out’ that doesn’t appeal to the thing we need most - shooters - impacted things w/both him and other targets. 

Adding fuel to the fire, the said coach is obstinate and attacks fans at year end…all while ALOT of programs w/similarly marginal results, and certainly less historical success and expectations, pull the trigger and look to improve by bringing in new coaching talent - whatever it takes $$$, bad optics - anything.  iU fans meanwhile get told to chill, and that maybe they aren’t ‘true’ fans and that our success will be in portaling w/a big bag of cash. So, if folks get a bit razzed up about a golfing tweet in the ‘Fire’ forum - maybe let it go. In and of itself probably not a big deal…but everything Wood does, or doesn’t do until he shows the ability to be successful or in the very least bust his a55 trying is going to be under a microscope. if you don’t like this, wait until next year with marginal results and lack of a competitive system.

No, no, no I get all that. That doesn't need to be explained. Getting hellbent on golfing at the F4 has zero to do with the novel you just posted. None of that equates to anything you or others have tried to tie this too. If he's out golfing during the middle of an AAU event or when a key recruit is in town, etc etc by all means burn him at the stake. 

But this instance of golfing at the F4 while at a coaching convention during a dead recruiting period is a nothing burger. You know that, I know that, everybody pretending to be upset knows that. 

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No, no, no I get all that. That doesn't need to be explained. Getting hellbent on golfing at the F4 has zero to do with the novel you just posted. None of that equates to anything you or others have tried to tie this too. If he's out golfing during the middle of an AAU event or when a key recruit is in town, etc etc by all means burn him at the stake. 

But this instance of golfing at the F4 while at a coaching convention during a dead recruiting period is a nothing burger. You know that, I know that, everybody pretending to be upset knows that. 

No rational thoughts in the Fire Mike Woodson thread. The mob has ruled since about January.

Who's the Kentucky equivalent to Mike Woodson?

Imagine the AD at UK getting up on the podium and telling the fanbase "we got our guy" while standing next to a 63 year old failed NBA coach who played at UK 40 years ago.