Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Me and you! The others aren't really sure.

I love him in the same way I love a little puppy who keeps pooping on the floor and chewing the remote because he doesn't know any better.  You want to kick him to the moon, but you just smile and tell him he's cute

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Goodman I think broke the Archie news. If I remember right, IU released a statement about Crean right when first round games were tipping off. Unfortunately we will have to wait a few weeks. March 14 is the earliest this could happen. 

Crean got canned right at tip of the first game of the tourney. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Goodman I think broke the Archie news. If I remember right, IU released a statement about Crean right when first round games were tipping off. Unfortunately we will have to wait a few weeks. March 14 is the earliest this could happen. 

Unless Woodson does a Mike Davis and announced his retirement before the season ends.

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I chuckled at the assertion in the Bozich piece that Dolson "shocked" many by firing Tom Allen. 

I think from 1 to 10, that was a 2 on the shock scale. 

Dude won three B1G games in three seasons. There was no choice. 

I think many didn't think IU would have the cojones to fire him and pay the buyout.

Just now, Josh said:

I love him in the same way I love a little puppy who keeps pooping on the floor and chewing the remote because he doesn't know any better.  You want to kick him to the moon, but you just smile and tell him he's cute

I love Old Fart in the way that a patriot loves the flag; in the way that a good son loves his mother, in the way that a chef loves flavor, in the way that a scholar loves research, and in the way that @Uspshoosier loves late night west coast bball.

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

Unless Woodson does a Mike Davis and announced his retirement before the season ends.

That’s my wishful thinking. That way we can root like heck for the players to win out and it won’t mean it gives Woodson a chance to come back haha

42 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yes. Problem is, can this program afford another major step back? Outside of Indiana and it's fans, nobody really cares about IU Basketball anymore. We are literally Nebraska Football.

The answer is I don't think so. Each bad hire (Miller and now Woodson) Has set us back even more. If you are in high school right now, your only memory of IU Basketball is probably Yogi leading us to a Sweet 16. If college age, the Wat Shot and being #1 with Cody and Vic. Anyone under 14 has never seen IU win a Big Ten title or make the second weekend of the tournament. That's sad. Eventually, these kids will pick a school to play for. If you live in Indiana, why on earth would you choose IU over Purdue or even Notre Dame unless you are a diehard fan. Even then...

Another reason why I think a change HAS to happen this year: Ohio State job is already open. Michigan, Louisville, maybe even UK. I've heard Cronin isn't happy at UCLA. What if Izzo retires? All these programs historically are top 15 (Kentucky, UCLA, Michigan, Ohio State, Louisville, Michigan State). Good chance they could hire a Pearl, or an Oats, or a May meaning they won't be available next year. I'd argue all those programs have had more recent success (last decade or so) than Indiana. 

If you're a college aged kid right now, you were 8-12 when the Watshot happened and about 12-16 during Yogis senior year. I'm 30 now and Yogis freshman year, was my freshman year.

57 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I love Old Fart in the way that a patriot loves the flag; in the way that a good son loves his mother, in the way that a chef loves flavor, in the way that a scholar loves research, and in the way that @Uspshoosier loves late night west coast bball.

On behalf of the rest of the mods, I apologize for Stu's behavior today.  We'll make certain he takes all of his meds tomorrow morning.

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If you're a college aged kid right now, you were 8-12 when the Watshot happened and about 12-16 during Yogis senior year. I'm 30 now and Yogis freshman year, was my freshman year.

32 here. My biggest memories are from 2002 and after. Yes I watched Indiana when coach knight was in his  last two or three years but I was like 8 or 9 years old. I think most of us younger people love the tradition and really love what Indiana basketball is about but we have never been around when IU was a world beater and relevant. That’s why most younger college basketball fans love the Dukes, Kentuckys, UConn, Gonzaga’s, of the world because they have managed to have success in the last 20 years and sustain it. IU hasn’t been a powerhouse since we went to the final game in 2002, maybe for a short stint when Zeller and Oladipo were here, but we only made it to the sweet 16. I think we are at a crossroads with this next hire imo.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Let me remind yall that Rick broke the hiring and has covered the team for almost 50 years…believe he was in school around the same time as Quinn.

4 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Let me remind yall that Rick broke the hiring and has covered the team for almost 50 years…believe he was in school around the same time as Quinn.

Damn, you guys are young, lol.  I was a college sophomore when we won the 1987 title.