Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

12 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Zeke destroyed my Knicks for an entire generation.  Loved him on the court but stay the hell away from advising the program. 

Knicks, Raptors, fired by Bird from the Pacers, and I’m probably missing one.  

The worst was probably the CBA. I’m doing this from memory but…. He took over and immediately made things worse. The NBA never really cared for the CBA but were tossing around the idea of creating what is now the G-league or some other affiliated minor league system. Since Isiah was a famous former player turned CBA president the NBA basically offered to buy the league, keep him as the face of it,  and save them instead of crush them. Isiah told the NBA to screw off and the CBA filed for bankruptcy and collapsed some time after.  I think the Knicks hired him after that…lol.

As great as a coach as Knight was, he didn’t leave much alumni talent. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

People who looked objectively at this team knew we were going to struggle.  And without a major change team is going to be even worse next year 

Indeed... no serviceable guards, no real senior leadership... and a coach who cannot construct a decent roster... 

People who looked objectively at this team knew we were going to struggle.  And without a major change team is going to be even worse next year 
Except a few posters said after iowa that those that could not see Woodson had made major chances don't know bbal. Basically you were simply a hater if you didn't think things had turned around after one win.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, str8baller said:

26-65 in 3 years at FIU baby. 

That may have been an improvement for them though. 

21 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Except a few posters said after iowa that those that could not see Woodson had made major chances don't know bbal. Basically you were simply a hater if you didn't think things had turned around after one win.

They played differently vs Iowa.  Problem is one game does not make a trend.  

6 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

They played differently vs Iowa.  Problem is one game does not make a trend.  

They did play different against Iowa and had a very different lineup.  The ball didn’t stick and they were quicker through the ball screens because they played a quicker/smaller lineup, and Iowa didn’t have as quick of a guard as Baldwin.

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

The worst was probably the CBA. I’m doing this from memory but…. He took over and immediately made things worse. The NBA never really cared for the CBA but were tossing around the idea of creating what is now the G-league or some other affiliated minor league system. Since Isiah was a famous former player turned CBA president the NBA basically offered to buy the league, keep him as the face of it,  and save them instead of crush them. Isiah told the NBA to screw off and the CBA filed for bankruptcy and collapsed some time after.  I think the Knicks hired him after that…lol.

Coached at FIU.

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

Coach K, Chris Beard, Dusty May… TBD on Mike Lewis 

My complaint. Gonna probably the heat for this….

You can’t start 2 centers and be successful. We can’t have both Ware and Reneau in the floor at the same time. clogs up the lane…makes each center less effective, makes the guards less effective and creates a terrible offense with no spacing or movement.

I think CJ and XJ should have been kicked off the team. I would imagine they are a locker room distraction. Reminds me of Hanner Perea when he was a cancer to the team.

7 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

You can’t start 2 centers and be successful. We can’t have both Ware and Reneau in the floor at the same time. clogs up the lane…makes each center less effective, makes the guards less effective and creates a terrible offense with no spacing or movement.

I think CJ and XJ should have been kicked off the team. I would imagine they are a locker room distraction. Reminds me of Hanner Perea when he was a cancer to the team.

The thing is i feel like we’ve used Ware horribly. He’s a good shooter. He shouldn’t be parked in the paint. Use him like the pacers use Myles turner 

3 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

What exactly does Armond Hill do for us? I mean I know he's Woody's right hand but coaching wise what does actually do.

He takes power naps in the prime seat on the bench and cashes in a $250k state salary. If I was a prof at IU making half that (about avg. for associate prof.) teaching lots of classes and working my 8$$ off on research and publishing — I would be angry as all hell! This symbolically personifies the perception of Woody’s style - leveraging the position of head coach to garner the bene’s…but not recognizing the work it takes, and the  need to make adjustments to change both negative outcome and perceptions!! I’m sure Armond helped Woody out in some key way(s) during his NBA career - so fine, he’s entitled to help out a friend. Placing him so prominently in the 1A seat, while he falls asleep, seemingly contributing little else is a bad look. Sadly, those power naps are about the most consistent product that comes off the bench!!! 

1 minute ago, Unexpectedflash said:

The thing is i feel like we’ve used Ware horribly. He’s a good shooter. He shouldn’t be parked in the paint. Use him like the pacers use Myles turner 

Exactly!!   The only problem with using him like that, Reneau isn’t a good rebounder, he just wants to play offense 

12 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I agree with most of it but Ware should be used to space the floor more.

1 hour ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

You think CJ should have been kicked off the team for the Wisky thing?

just wow.

Pay wall but sounds like doyle let Woodson have it.

fans seem done with Mike Woodson after this blowout loss to Penn State at Assembly Hall, and they have a point. I'd add: I'm done with Mike Woodson. There's no going back after this column. #iubb

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

You think CJ should have been kicked off the team for the Wisky thing?

just wow.

Even I wouldn't go so far as to say they should be kicked off the team, definitely not Gunn for that. Johnson should've gotten more than the slap on the wrist he got though.