Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Just now, TheWatShot said:

We go out and get one of the many coaches who exist that could come here and actually coach good basketball. I have no idea who that is, but that guy HAS to be out there somewhere. It's just mind-blowing how many coaches we've gone through to get the same terrible product over so many years. Dusty May isn't, and shouldn't be, our only option. But whoever we get is going to have to be pretty special to fix this mess. 

Cig hasn’t won anything yet…

But we need a guy with his approach/mindset to shift the culture from top to bottom. This is unacceptable for IU basketball….makes zero sense that other programs can lose coaches, switch coaches etc. and get things rolling immediately.

What you allow is what you will continue to receive…and until we change the expectations and reset the culture, this is what we will get. 

Woody seems to clearly be a lame duck coach. All his buddies need to have an intervention with him and have him retire before it gets nasty. Keep things up and that Holy grail of a bridge everyone speaks of will collapse as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hey guys and gals. Since the season is lost, I have a list of of movies and shows you should watch for your entertainment. It will ease the pain. No specific order.

1. Demon Slayer.

2. Inside man

3. Into the Spiderverse

4. Constantine.

5. Batman animated series.

6. Gargoyles.

That's a good start. You're welcome.  

17 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

My rant is what if Dusty May gets to the sweet 16 or better in the NCAA and gets hired elsewhere and Woodson gets fired in Spring 2025… What then?

I’m not convinced Dusty May is a guy that can be any more than Tom Crean. Yes he has a final four run but that was really his only exceptional season he’s had. Interested to see how this year plays out. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

I’m not convinced Dusty May is a guy that can be any more than Tom Crean. Yes he has a final four run but that was really his only exceptional season he’s had. Interested to see how this year plays out. 

That’s why I’m saying what if he makes another “prove it” run. 

Woody seems to clearly be a lame duck coach. All his buddies need to have an intervention with him and have him retire before it gets nasty. Keep things up and that Holy grail of a bridge everyone speaks of will collapse as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

His buddies quinn and may are the ones who got him hired with no college experience. They are probably still happy as clams their buddy has the job. I am sure they are 100% convinced he can turn this mess around

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We go out and get one of the many coaches who exist that could come here and actually coach good basketball. I have no idea who that is, but that guy HAS to be out there somewhere. It's just mind-blowing how many coaches we've gone through to get the same terrible product over so many years. Dusty May isn't, and shouldn't be, our only option. But whoever we get is going to have to be pretty special to fix this mess. 

It's because we always have gone with the "hot" commodity.  The "can't miss" next thing.  But never fear, seems like Dolson did that with Football.  Maybe we'll find that guy for basketball.  

9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

His buddies quinn and may are the ones who got him hired with no college experience. They are probably still happy as clams their buddy has the job. I am sure they are 100% convinced he can turn this mess around

Likely true. But, I think Woodson is wise. He knows this could get ugly quick. I could see him retiring after next season (24-25). 

If TJD wasn’t here to save him the last two years, Woodson would be gone this summer. 

52 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Cig hasn’t won anything yet…

But we need a guy with his approach/mindset to shift the culture from top to bottom. This is unacceptable for IU basketball….makes zero sense that other programs can lose coaches, switch coaches etc. and get things rolling immediately.

What you allow is what you will continue to receive…and until we change the expectations and reset the culture, this is what we will get. 

Cig won 8 games next year.  They just don't know it yet.  His balls are so big, they are already in the future.    :)   

Likely true. But, I think Woodson is wise. He knows this could get ugly quick. I could see him retiring after next season (24-25). 

If TJD wasn’t here to save him the last two years, Woodson would be gone this summer. 
It's going to get ugly before the end of next season the rate this thing is going.

17 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He could, but the signs are he won't.  He seems to have a limited set of advisors, old NBA guys ie; weekend at bernie's.   The one college kid he had he got rid of.  The rest of the senior staff is meh at best.  So who is he willing to listen to?  What is his overall plan -- philosophy?  Why does there not seem to be any momentum with HS recruiting?  Development?  Or is he just flying by the seat of his pants?  Why does he constantly sacrifice wins for substitutions?  We knew he had to adapt and he's had enough chances to adapt and change, but it doesn't look like it's happening.  

11 hours ago, Hornsby said:
It's going to get ugly before the end of next season the rate this thing is going.

It’s way past ugly already. Great showing vs Kansas. Nothing else to show for the year. Barely beat some cupcakes. Got blown out by every decent team, save the effort vs Kansas.

The Woodson experiment is over and it’s been a dismal failure.

Already starting. Team getting boo’d at home in consecutive games. Woody quote, saying he hopes the fans still love him. The writing is on the wall and I don’t see this group turning it around. I guess you can scrap it and see what the staff can build in the off season, but who really believes they have a vision for what they want to produce? Staff all searching for answers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Next year will all depend on the portal and performance.  So far, things have been a bit mixed.  

How ‘effing hard is it for Indiana to be good at basketball? This program has fielded one legitimately good team in the last 20 years (2012-13). Is a top 15-20 team, at minimum, on a near annual basis so difficult for a program with all of the resources anyone could possibly need? We are literally paying players at this point to come here and we still suck. 

It’s way past ugly already. Great showing vs Kansas. Nothing else to show for the year. Barely beat some cupcakes. Got blown out by every decent team, safe the effort vs Kansas.

Correct but I meant like toxic ugly.

It’s way past ugly already. Great showing vs Kansas. Nothing else to show for the year. Barely beat some cupcakes. Got blown out by every decent team, safe the effort vs Kansas.

Given wisconsin just lost they will be out for blood Friday. That is most likely going to be a very ugly loss.

End of the day I do hope we can all be respectful to Woody while voicing frustrations. The boos while during the game I would’ve likely been joining if I was there, just feel wrong.I want woody to succeed but if that’s not going to happen I hope he steps aside soon so we can at least remember him in somewhat of a good light. He seems like a great guy. This is the problem with hiring a former player.