Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

45 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The wheels are coming off the bus tonight. Either buckle up or tune out. I’m going to tune out. I don’t have the stomach to watch this program take its final death blow. I’ve been through each stage of emotions with IU but I’ve always had hope it could be turned around. I no longer have that. I cannot see a scenario in which this program ever gets back to an elite level. We are too far gone. From top to bottom. Dusty May isn’t going to come in here and save this program. The guys who possess the ability to come in and do it will NEVER get considered here. We’ll win a Rose Bowl before we make another final four. I’d bet my house on it. 

We’ll see you on Friday, my friend. :-)

I am sick and tired of hearing about how good Edey is.  The dude is just gigantic and no one can really do anything with him.  I just hear them use the comparison of Wilt Chamberlain.  Give me a freaking break.  That is insulting to an all time great.  Edey will be lucky to sit the bench in the NBA for a couple years.   In another broadcast I heard them make an argument for him being the greatest Purdue player of all time.  It is stupid.  There is no way he is better than the Big Dog at basketball. Again, he is just big and can lay the ball in from the post.   I cannot wait to see Purdue flame out in the NCAA tournament again this year.  

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

We’ll see you on Friday, my friend. :-)

I don’t think so man. I did a good job of shutting it down during the final seasons with Archie. This team won’t make the tournament. Super depressing. 

I don’t think so man. I did a good job of shutting it down during the final seasons with Archie. This team won’t make the tournament. Super depressing. 
Next two road games probably won't go so well.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

What frustrates me about this team is it feels like the whole is less than the sum of its parts. And that's with the backcourt still lacking real difference makers. Feels like they should be a better team... but they're not. 

Ware is good, not great, but also good as gone... Mack, I'm really hoping stays here for a sophomore year.

The year is not over but I would be shocked if we make the tournament. Feels like a second round or quarter finals of NIT sorta season. 

I fortunately had a dinner to attend and missed the game.  Noticed that Gabe and X played about the same amount of time but Gabe had a better stat line.  Did X not play as much because Woody was still sending a message, Gabe was just better or was X hurt?

11 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Dalton Knect goes off for 39! Weren’t we in His final choices and does TN basketball have more $ than IU bball? It’s Indiana folks and we have NIL. 

No IU wasn’t in his final choices.   IU had a zoom call with him but couldn’t gain any traction with getting him on campus.   I’m guessing Tennessee NIL is just as good as IUs.    Dalton went with Barnes because he knew he had the offensive game for the next level but knew he needed to get better defensively and Barnes sold him on that 

14 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Dalton Knect goes off for 39! Weren’t we in His final choices and does TN basketball have more $ than IU bball? It’s Indiana folks and we have NIL. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe there was any interest on his part. A lot of Indiana driven noise but nothing of substance from the player or his camp. We couldn’t even get him on campus. Makes me laugh when IU fans pretend that we somehow lost him, when he was never remotely ours to begin with.  

edit: not saying you are one of those. Just speaking generally about what I’ve seen out there with IU fans and Knecht. 

I fortunately had a dinner to attend and missed the game.  Noticed that Gabe and X played about the same amount of time but Gabe had a better stat line.  Did X not play as much because Woody was still sending a message, Gabe was just better or was X hurt?
Your in the rant thread lol. X didn't start so yes message being sent. Then he got in and wasn't great and got a flagrant 1 and sat the rest of first half. Second half he didn't start. He came in and ran into eddey on a screen went down and came out. He came back in and really never did anything to positive. Maybe missed something?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Your in the rant thread lol. X didn't start so yes message being sent. Then he got in and wasn't great and got a flagrant 1 and sat the rest of first half. Second half he didn't start. He came in and ran into eddey on a screen went down and came out. He came back in and really never did anything to positive. Maybe missed something?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Well, don’t think he grabbed anyone’s nuts tonight.

6 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

My rant is what if Dusty May gets to the sweet 16 or better in the NCAA and gets hired elsewhere and Woodson gets fired in Spring 2025… What then?

We continue to limp along under scared leaders until the older generation dies, the younger generation finds new teams and there’s so much dust on our banners no one remembers or cares 

2 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

My rant is what if Dusty May gets to the sweet 16 or better in the NCAA and gets hired elsewhere and Woodson gets fired in Spring 2025… What then?

Tom Crean 2.0 baby!!

6 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

We go out and get one of the many coaches who exist that could come here and actually coach good basketball. I have no idea who that is, but that guy HAS to be out there somewhere. It's just mind-blowing how many coaches we've gone through to get the same terrible product over so many years. Dusty May isn't, and shouldn't be, our only option. But whoever we get is going to have to be pretty special to fix this mess.