Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

It's really not that difficult. We can either continue to take the woe is IU stance like we have for years or we can get the money to the players. It's legal, the players can get paid. Let's figure out a way to get the player money "legally" and stack talent.

To my knowledge, you're the only one espousing woe. I was talking about dozens of illegal boosters at school 1 seamlessly continuing. 

Where no (or few) Illegal boosters at another, started to weigh their involvement and didn't have money earmarked for "boosting".

IU didn't have a booster pipeline and started creating collectives etc, in following the rules. There are rules and Miami and others have violated them.  

While whatever is legal, is legal, some schools had the pipeline, because before there was little funneling at many places.

i

Men’s basketball should get what ever is needed here. Followed by women’s basketball and men’s soccer. Football gets the leftovers til we show some commitment to being competitive. MBB could still pull several big recruits at the moment.

7 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

To my knowledge, you're the only one espousing woe. I was talking about dozens of illegal boosters at school 1 seamlessly continuing. 

Where no (or few) Illegal boosters at another, started to weigh their involvement and didn't have money earmarked for "boosting".

IU didn't have a booster pipeline and started creating collectives etc, in following the rules. There are rules and Miami and others have violated them.  

While whatever is legal, is legal, some schools had the pipeline, because before there was little funneling at many places.

i

I'm mocking it because it's absolutely ridiculous. There have been enough boosters wanting to get money or "boosting" for years that we could have been competing. We're almost 2 years into this and trying to play the "others have been doing it illegally for years how could we ever have money earmarked for 2023!!" card. That's where the "woe is IU for doing the right thing" crap comes from. It's ridiculous.

There were rules before and nobody gave a crap about them. The NCAA is a paper tiger that knows they can't do **** about it.

How long are we expecting it to take for us to figure out how to get money to players? I guess we're like 5+ decades behind because we've always been clean and only others have been cheating.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm mocking it because it's absolutely ridiculous. There have been enough boosters wanting to get money or "boosting" for years that we could have been competing. We're almost 2 years into this and trying to play the "others have been doing it illegally for years how could we ever have money earmarked for 2023!!" card. That's where the "woe is IU for doing the right thing" crap comes from. It's ridiculous.

There were rules before and nobody gave a crap about them. The NCAA is a paper tiger that knows they can't do **** about it.

How long are we expecting it to take for us to figure out how to get money to players? I guess we're like 5+ decades behind because we've always been clean and only others have been cheating.

where are they?

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not sure why we are even discussing what happened prior to NIL now that it's around.

Because the cheat or don't cheat mentality of people didn't change with NIL. Non-cheat boosters would likely still want to not cheat (stay within the proposed rules)

2 teams have 100 rich boosters.

1 team had 50 of them always paying recruits under the table, earmarking it for whatever the F.

a 2nd team had 2 always paying recruits, but many of their boosters never considered illegally paying recruits and their money went to whatever the F but not recruits.

The rules changed, but there are STILL RULES!

Team 1 shifts their illegal efforts to "legal" but not really because it's still against the rules.

Team 2 boosters create collectives, hire players to represent their banks,  real estate companies, car dealerships etc, while staying within what is SUPPOSED to be the legal boundaries. 

Where's the list of Crazy a$$ deals that have been made? Not 5 or 6, but the 150 that are supposed to make all the difference.

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

As I've said before, if the NCAA doesn't care and they don't, those 'rules' aren't worth the paper they're written on.  The NCAA knew teams were paying players and instead of cracking down on that they made it so teams can be more open about it.

8 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Because the cheat or don't cheat mentality of people didn't change with NIL. Non-cheat boosters would likely still want to not cheat (stay within the proposed rules)

2 teams have 100 rich boosters.

1 team had 50 of them always paying recruits under the table, earmarking it for whatever the F.

a 2nd team had 2 always paying recruits, but many of their boosters never considered illegally paying recruits and their money went to whatever the F but not recruits.

The rules changed, but there are STILL RULES!

Team 1 shifts their illegal efforts to "legal" but not really because it's still against the rules.

Team 2 boosters create collectives, hire players to represent their banks,  real estate companies, car dealerships etc, while staying within what is SUPPOSED to be the legal boundaries. 

Where's the list of Crazy a$$ deals that have been made? Not 5 or 6, but the 150 that are supposed to make all the difference.

I don’t think it has anything to do with legality, but you are correct about the culture mattering. In the SEC all boosters knew that a way to be involved was through cash. Note take a program like IU where we demonized that type of activity for 50 years. A lot of boosters are going to still hold that belief and not give money even though it is not legal. It’ll take time to change. 

Apparently there is a new insider NIL named Hoosiers Connect. $1,100 per year for insider videos, souvenirs, and a way to support basketball and football NIL.

FWIW, and nice advert video hosted by Colin Hartman is on the home page:

https://hoosiersconnect.com/membership-promo/

On 2/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, Stuhoo said:

Apparently there is a new insider NIL named Hoosiers Connect. $1,100 per year for insider videos, souvenirs, and a way to support basketball and football NIL.

FWIW, and nice advert video hosted by Colin Hartman is on the home page:

https://hoosiersconnect.com/membership-promo/

I was disappointed he wasn't trying to get by as a current student.

Fellow-kids GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Five-Indiana-IU-Hoosiers-mens-and-womens-basketball-players-among-top-NIL-March-Madness-earners-208887677/

The coaching staff needs to be selling this to recruits. Even a player like Galloway who isn't an All-American like TJD and Holmes or a future NBA/WNBA player like JHS and Berger can earn good NIL money at IU.

In my opinion there is ZERO probability that the staff isn’t selling our  NIL opportunities. 
There is no second place in Sales, they need to finish. I have no doubt they are trying but need to close if we have so much NIL.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Guys getting NIL “deals” from collectives doesn’t bother me at all, but I love seeing actual NIL deals happen. His burger sounds delicious too. 

Needs a better name tho. Big Malik’s Burger…Reneau Rodeo Burger…   

It’ll help him work it in to post game interviews easier