Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe if we exhibit as much fight Monday night as Juwan Howard did today, we can beat the bucknuts.  

Radio

Live Stats

1) Love the $

2) Can we focus that fight, please. We've tried fighting the last two games, unfortunately it was aimed at opposing players and not beating them by scoring more points.

3) Let's play some good ball, it's been awhile

My personal Kenpom percent chance of winning at OSU? 18%.

In the Crean days, I’d pray someone got hot from 3, or multiple players.

In the Archie days, I’d pray the other team had an off day all over the court.

In the Woodson days, I pray other team can’t hit shots. Like, at all. We need them in the 50’s………..

Yuck.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Is OSU only having 2 days between games an advantage for IU because they could be tired or is OSU losing today allowing IU to walk into a hornets nest? I want to think it could be an advantage and we all know IU’s road woes and we could use all the help we can get!

41 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Is OSU only having 2 days between games an advantage for IU because they could be tired or is OSU losing today allowing IU to walk into a hornets nest? I want to think it could be an advantage and we all know IU’s road woes and we could use all the help we can get!

You might not want to mention if O$U is a little tired..

no-nooo.gif

Oh IU!  Four of us IU fans will be there!  OSU lost to Iowa at home because of rebounds, turnovers, defense and tenacious effort...on the part of Iowa.  OSU just stopped scoring in the 2nd half.

Trayce and Race will be the engine.  Xavier will be cool and get 8 assists and not waste a shot.  IU will be quick and long.  

IU needs an offense, good defense, a great second half, hit free throws, and to play tough, smart basketball. And that's probably not all.  

We already beat OSU once this season.  Piece of cake.  

36 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Oh IU!  Four of us IU fans will be there!  OSU lost to Iowa at home because of rebounds, turnovers, defense and tenacious effort...on the part of Iowa.  OSU just stopped scoring in the 2nd half.

Trayce and Race will be the engine.  Xavier will be cool and get 8 assists and not waste a shot.  IU will be quick and long.  

IU needs an offense, good defense, a great second half, hit free throws, and to play tough, smart basketball. And that's probably not all.  

Then they need someone to shoot free throws for them.

15 hours ago, str8baller said:

Hate to be a pessimist, but it’s tough to see how we have much of a chance here. I guess we did beat them once, although that seems like a long time ago at this point. 

There is a reason OSU is favored by 7. We shouldn't win this game, if we do then we're playing really good basketball. 

We actually match up with OSU really well and it showed in the first game. They don't have the length inside or on the wings that give us trouble, and they aren't a great defensive team.

I don't think we win because it would be absurd to think this team will beat a top 25 team on the road. BUT if we were to do it I have thought all along it would be this game.

Really wish we had Phinisee for this game, not having him really hurts the deeper we get into the season. Go Hoosiers!

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There is a reason OSU is favored by 7. We shouldn't win this game, if we do then we're playing really good basketball. 

11 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

We actually match up with OSU really well and it showed in the first game. They don't have the length inside or on the wings that give us trouble, and they aren't a great defensive team.

I don't think we win because it would be absurd to think this team will beat a top 25 team on the road. BUT if we were to do it I have thought all along it would be this game.

Really wish we had Phinisee for this game, not having him really hurts the deeper we get into the season. Go Hoosiers!

Tend to agree with both thoughts here. Maybe I’ll feel foolish when the buzzer sounds but OSU is not a terrible matchup for IU this year and I think there’s a chance we’re playing them at the right time.

Just reflect on the fact that Race slowed Lidell enough so that it helped to change the game last time.  The rest of the team was energized on defense.  And we hit some shots that we haven't been hitting.

Clearly, we matched up well against OSU.  Iowa did too.

But will IU execute?  Do they realize that each and every possession is a separate opportunity?

2 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Can be get Race, X, and Gallo as the engine?! We've been resting for a week while O$U has had 2-3 games. Let's cause chaos and get some easy buckets in transition to wear them down.

42 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Can be get Race, X, and Gallo as the engine?! We've been resting for a week while O$U has had 2-3 games. Let's cause chaos and get some easy buckets in transition to wear them down.

I just hope the team doesn’t come out flat with that much time between games.