Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northern Kentucky - 12/22/21 @ 7:00 on BTN

Hoosiers take on NKU (4-6) in what should be an easy IU win but we do have a habit of making games difficult.  The KenPom prediction is Indiana by 16 with a 94 percent chance of a Hoosier victory. The Sagarin ratings like Indiana by 20.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/12/21/what-to-expect-northern-kentucky/

Live Stats

Radio

Just read an article on TDH and supposedly NK has a pretty good knack for turning an opponent over. Something like 22% of the time. Sounds like a pressure D all the time. Guess we'll see how well we can take care of the ball.

NK can put up decent scores...70's-80's on occassion. Also lost a couple of games where they only scored in the 50's.

Should be an easy game, but for some reason, they never are. They'll probably put 85 on us knowing our luck. Hope Woody isn't afraid to bench guys that turn it over.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Dustin Dopirak - Tamar Bates is back. Trey Galloway is stretching out, but not wearing jersey shorts and still has a wrap on. Presuming that means he’s still out with the left wrist, but he can do all the exercises.

TJD made a comment earlier in the week that Trey might be in better shape now, than he was before he got hurt. Is concentrating on conditioning almost exclusively.

PSU has just cancelled their last 2 games due to covid. Seems to point to a problem with PSU, not the opponents since they are different.

Makes me wonder if we'll have to forfeit that game based on current rules. (rumor is B1G may change rules)

1 minute ago, DWB said:

PSU has just cancelled their last 2 games due to covid. Seems to point to a problem with PSU, not the opponents since they are different.

Makes me wonder if we'll have to forfeit that game based on current rules. (rumor is B1G may change rules)

I am in favor of not rescheduling cancelled games and using the Big East model where for conference standings the forfeiting team is given a loss and the non-forfeiting is given a win but it does not get put on the official NCAA sheets.  Rescheduling often gives one of the teams an advantage — particularly the team that had to forfeit.

if you have 8 healthy scholarship bodies that all test negative, you have enough to play.  I think some teams are forfeiting right now because they have enough bodies but don’t want to play because it’s their main players with Covid.

5 minutes ago, DWB said:

Quick point of clarification. We wouldn't forfeit. PSU would forfeit and we'd get the win if the current rule stands. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we’ll need more scoring off the bench in the Big Ten which Parker can give us.

He’s certainly not going to the bench because he can’t shoot, that’s for sure.  Certainly could be looking at him to come in when some starters ardd we getting spelled and more shots are available.

8 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Fond memories of jumping down about 5 rows up the main section to rush the court when Haston hit that three to beat MSU in the Hall my sophomore year. Great player, better person. 

My freshman year. Amazing moment, and one of 2 games I can remember (though there were probably more) having to yell as loud as loud as I can just to talk to my roommate in the seat next to me.

8 minutes ago, DWB said:

What have you heard would be the potential change?